Journey

But no Steve Perry right???? No Steve Perry-not Journey.

Steve Perry wasn't even in the original version of Journey but it is pretty pathetic they have to keep finding Steve Perry clones for Journey these days though. If Journey weren't pitiful enough already it's completely laughable that they found their new lead singer via auditions submitted via YouTube.

I think Perry has a great voice. I wouldnt want to see them without him

I have always thought you can replace a drummer, a guitarist, but lead singer, never. It just isn't the same.

So no Steve Perry, no Journey, no Foreigner, in my opinion Lou Gramm was Foreigner.

I have always thought you can replace a drummer, a guitarist, but lead singer, never. It just isn't the same.

Except for maybe in the case of Van Halen and AC/DC. Both of those groups went on to greater success than ever before after they replaced their respective lead singers. Still, I prefer Bon Scott and Diamond Dave to their successors.

Steve Perry is Journey. without Steve Perry, Neil Schon and the rest can make as much crappy music as they want to. It won't hold a candle to what they were.

I'm not even a fan of Journey but I'd be more apt to make a similar statement about Neil Schon. After all, he's one of the ones that helped form the band. Steve Perry wasn't even in the original lineup.

Except for maybe in the case of Van Halen and AC/DC. Both of those groups went on to greater success than ever before after they replaced their respective lead singers. Still, I prefer Bon Scott and Diamond Dave to their successors.

Another example is Syd Barrett and Pink Floyd. Barrett, while not the only singer was the "lead vocalist" of the group and he was replaced by David Gilmour which eventually led to greater success.

I'm not even a fan of Journey but I'd be more apt to make a similar statement about Neil Schon. After all, he's one of the ones that helped form the band. Steve Perry wasn't even in the original lineup.

Who cares about the original lineup... Sure Neil Schon was writing the songs. But Perry's voice shot them to success.

It'd be interesting to see where they might have went without Steve Perry.

Who cares about the original lineup... Sure Neil Schon was writing the songs. But Perry's voice shot them to success.

As did Hagar's for Van Halen and Brian Johnson's for AC/DC, at least not the type of success they'd never known with their previous lead singers. I prefer both of those singers over their successors.

It'd be interesting to see where they might have went without Steve Perry.

My guess is, they wouldn't be trying to find yet another Perry clone to fill his shoes.

Maybe that is because his shoes are not fillable. The lead singers of ACDC and Van Halen are not nearly as good as Steve Perry. Are you kidding me? Give the man some fucking respect. He is a great singer. His voice is so much better than anyone that EVER sang for ACDC or VAn Halen. Including Roth. Hagar was as good a replacement possibel for a lead singer in a major band. But even suggest that Perry wasnt Journey's best singer ever is just plain ridiculous. Look at songs like Dont Stop Believin and Open Arms. tell me those are bad songs and Ill tell you that is BS. Those are fucking boss tunes. Just like Stairway to Heaven . Fucking BOSS!!!!!!!

I simply don't care for the majority of Journey's output, I consider them "corporate rock". As for who is better than who that wasn't my point in bringing up Johnson and Hagar, I was referring to bands who went on to greater success after replacing their original lead singers.

Aint nuttin wrong wit coprit rock if it sounds goood!

But I digress Journey without Perry just isn't the same.

I had the pleasure of seeing Journey 3 times with Perry and the shows kicked ass!

5_2_106.gif

Foreigner played a show that was so loud that the complaints from the neighborhood stopped all future shows at city park stadium ( Tad Gormley ) for like 10 years. That was one loud ass show, one of my friends that didn't make the show lived a couple miles away and said he sat out on his patio on the second floor and heard the whole show like it was in his back yard. View map to get an Idea how far the sound must have traveled :lol:

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&hl=en&...057678&z=14

Foreigner played a show that was so loud that the complaints from the neighborhood stopped all future shows at city park stadium ( Tad Gormley ) for like 10 years. That was one loud ass show, one of my friends that didn't make the show lived a couple miles away and said he sat out on his patio on the second floor and heard the whole show like it was in his back yard. View map to get an Idea how far the sound must have traveled :lol:

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&hl=en&...057678&z=14

Dude please. I know you are a tiger. that is the name of my cat. I have nothing against LSU. Really. My daughter graduated from Syracuse. I dont wave their flag on every post. And yes, I have a degree too. Back to topic, I have a felling you really like Foreigner. Am I right? Ever been up here to upstate NY? Just curious? I always wanted to go to the big easy. How did Katrina affect you?

Steve Perry is Journey. without Steve Perry, Neil Schon and the rest can make as much crappy music as they want to. It won't hold a candle to what they were.

I never pegged you for someone who would stand up for Journey. I like that.

Dude please. I know you are a tiger. that is the name of my cat. I have nothing against LSU. Really. My daughter graduated from Syracuse. I dont wave their flag on every post. And yes, I have a degree too. Back to topic, I have a felling you really like Foreigner. Am I right? Ever been up here to upstate NY? Just curious? I always wanted to go to the big easy. How did Katrina affect you?

Well if you would like to take a little 12min tour of the hood, you can judge for yourself

http://www.ou812videos.com/media/katrina.wmv

Well if you would like to take a little 12min tour of the hood, you can judge for yourself

http://www.ou812videos.com/media/katrina.wmv

What? no comment icantquityouboob

I just saw Martina McBride do one of the big Journey hits on PBS. I can't think of the name of the song right now but she wasn't half bad.

I think she was also on Crossroads with Pat Benatar and really gave ol' Pat a run for her money in the vocal dept.

I never pegged you for someone who would stand up for Journey. I like that.

I love Journey man. I was a kid during their stand, and I hold a special place in my heart for that band. I think it's shitty that they did that to Steve Perry. In my opinion, he was what made Journey so special.

And now, back to listening to Alice In Chains.

Another example is Syd Barrett and Pink Floyd. Barrett, while not the only singer was the "lead vocalist" of the group and he was replaced by David Gilmour which eventually led to greater success.

Deep Purple's original singer was Rod Evans. They didn't achieve massive success until Ian Gillan replaced him.

Oh, and I don't mind Journey's situation. I don't think Steve Perry is physically able to tour, so I don't mind hearing a sound alike.

KEVIN SHIRLEY TALKS UP JOURNEY RELEASE:

Producer Kevin Shirley posted another update about the pending Journey album on his diary: "Holed up mixing some live Journey stuff in preparation for their jumbo June 3rd release Revelation. Anyone interested knows by now, that it's a collection of 2 CD's and 1 DVD, but what has me the most excited about it, is the new album with eleven original tracks. Ballads, rockers, progressive pieces - even a gorgeous instrumental to close - and I think the fans, both old and new, will love hearing what I think is the best album from Journey since Escape. (I know press releases have hinted at these things before, but I wouldn't say it if i didn't believe it). Schon and Cain's playing and writing is tuned into some higher source on this one.... well, you'll see soon enough."

The CD will be released June 3 exclusively to WalMart stores in North America. International dates and details have yet to be finalized. Stay tuned...

Archived