Earth Hour 2008

The Pagemeister

We could save a whole lot of energy without really changing our lifestyles too much...............people just need to be made aware of what they can do, and there should be some sort of financial incentive for people because let's face it, money is more motivating to most people than an improved environment.

We were at Best Buy for all of the Earth Hour. So we're sitting in the dark right now. I've lit some candles and I allowed Dave to turn the 40 watt lightbulb on that's above the stove to nuke his Mexican food leftovers.

But now he's got all the basement lights on!

Should I nag? ROFL

We were at Best Buy for all of the Earth Hour. So we're sitting in the dark right now. I've lit some candles and I allowed Dave to turn the 40 watt lightbulb on that's above the stove to nuke his Mexican food leftovers.

But now he's got all the basement lights on!

Should I nag? ROFL

Manders,

Earth hour also involves all battery operated devices.

So tell Dave he needs to "step up" for the good of all mankind.

B)

Hi:

Everything went well in my part of the world...most people in large places like Toronto or London partied..I stayed at home..

I haven't heard of any mishaps or serious accidents as a result of less lighting...

Juliet

PS There was alot of Canadian TV coverage of events around the world except the US.There wasn't anything on CNN either in the early eve or today...Did The US not participate???

We watched a movie in the dark. I had candles lit, but it was in the dark.

I even sorted laundry by the light of my next door neighbor's 500W spotlight porch light. When I got downstairs, I also sorted it by light of the TV and candlelight.

The one light I forgot to turn off was the 10W bulb in the water dispenser in the fridge.

I even carried a Yankee jar candle up and down the stairs when I needed to do something upstairs, LOL.

We didn't turn on the lights until after midnight. It was kind of fun, LOL.

Goggle uses over 500,000 servers to run their network and they add about 25,000 every 4 months. Thats alot of power. If they wanted to save power, they should shut down there servers not just put a black screen on their page.

If you would've gone through the trouble to click on the earth hour link that was there, you would know that the black screen itself did not save any power. They were spreading the word, and I'm pretty sure they accomplished their purpose.

If you would've gone through the trouble to click on the earth hour link that was there, you would know that the black screen itself did not save any power. They were spreading the word, and I'm pretty sure they accomplished their purpose.

I know that Dwight. But a black screen on a TV does use less power then a white screen, but i don't think it was there intentions.

P.S. i can't wait until The office comes back

I know that Dwight. But a black screen on a TV does use less power then a white screen, but i don't think it was there intentions.

P.S. i can't wait until The office comes back

Yeah yeah, but it said most modern computer monitors use the same amount of energy no matter what color they display, even black vs. white. Either way...doesn't really matter. B)

And yeah!!! I've been watching all the old episodes, almost done. :D

So did participating in 'Earth Hour' make people "feel good" about something?

All kidding aside, I really don't see the point. Especially since as soon as it is over they fire up their air conditioners, outdoor lights and refriderators (including the spare one in the garage). And then tomorrow get up and go do work, driving themselves alone in their SUV's at over 70mph down the freeway on the way to their job at the motorhome factory.

Camelot is a silly place!

Archived