Could alison krauss sing/duet to evermore?

scnappie

It could be an idea if jimmy and john paul jones to invite Robert and Alison to tour as led zeppelin if she could handle the vocals of the "battle of evermore" :wub: ?john paul jones had recorded songs with Uncle Earl, an old-time string band "the girls are great musicians and brilliant fun to work with."...So the band already has a female /duet influence that could send them in a different musical direction (which jimmy and john paul talked about)

It could be an idea if jimmy and john paul jones to invite Robert and Alison to tour as led zeppelin if she could handle the vocals of the "battle of evermore" :wub: ?john paul jones had recorded songs with Uncle Earl, an old-time string band "the girls are great musicians and brilliant fun to work with."...So the band already has a female /duet influence that could send them in a different musical direction (which jimmy and john paul talked about)

Interesting idea, there's no doubt she could sing the Sandy Denny/town crier part, but I don't know if she'd tour with them like Najma did on the '95 Page/Plant tour.

Interesting idea, there's no doubt she could sing the Sandy Denny/town crier part, but I don't know if she'd tour with them like Najma did on the '95 Page/Plant tour.

Well if she is what it takes to make Robert happy than thats what they may have to look at doing.Although Alison is already singing led zep songs on stage with Robert i wonder how jimmy and john paul jones are thinking about that .Maybe feeling a bit cheated,let down (to put it nicely)Would they get any royalty's from there songs that she sings.?

:thanku: You have quite possibly solved all our problems with one simple solution. Robert can fulfill his obligations to Alison, while playing with Zeppelin. He can feel satisfied by 'reinterpreting' the song with Alison, then get on with the job of being Robert Plant from Led Zeppelin. Good stuff.....

Although Alison is already singing led zep songs on stage with Robert i wonder how jimmy and john paul jones are thinking about that .Maybe feeling a bit cheated,let down (to put it nicely)Would they get any royalty's from there songs that she sings.?

I don't think they would feel that way. Robert has played Zeppelin songs solo, Jimmy has played Zeppelin songs solo, JPJ has played Zeppelin songs solo. For that matter, Jason has played Zeppelin songs solo.

Technically, anyone anywhere who plays a Led Zeppelin song for performance must pay royalites. That includes the covers band down the local pub all the way up to any big act which plays one of their songs. Rights and royalites management is complex and often relies on an honesty system. But yes, for the Battle of Evermore, royalites should be paid to Page/Plant on every performance, even if Plant is singing it.

Maybe we are right on the money?

She's pretty sexy too...she could be somewhat of a poster child.

Are you you trying to say the "return of the golden god "and the' singing princess 'with special guest jimmy page and john paul jones and jason bonham on drums ?LED ZEP SOUNDS BETTER.! I always wondered why Robert left it so late in his career to sing duet with someone;as during the seventies if he had ,had STEVIE NICKS on stage with him at some stage now that would have been sexy and poster would have made them a fortune,(the Blondie GODS)

Wow, now that would be something...Stevie rocks, I love her

Much more of an exciting concept than Ms Krauzzzzzzzzzzz -_-

Aww, MissHoneydripper, sorry Alison puts you to sleep. I happen to think she has a gorgeous and pure voice without having to yell, but to each is own. Her singing on the Battle of Evermore would be cool I think.

Aww, MissHoneydripper, sorry Alison puts you to sleep. I happen to think she has a gorgeous and pure voice without having to yell, but to each is own. Her singing on the Battle of Evermore would be cool I think.

Yes, I'm afraid so Melanie. I have said in other threads how much Raising Sand bores me silly. Nothing personal against Alison of course, but this genre of music is not for me. I can appreciate that her and Robert harmonize well and have a good rapport, etc. but give me Stevie, Ann & Nancy, or Deborah Bonham anyday. :D

Yes, I'm afraid so Melanie. I have said in other threads how much Raising Sand bores me silly. Nothing personal against Alison of course, but this genre of music is not for me. I can appreciate that her and Robert harmonize well and have a good rapport, etc. but give me Stevie, Ann & Nancy, or Deborah Bonham anyday. :D

I totally understand! I love Alison, but I like Stevie, Ann and Nancy too. What can I say, I love to mix it up depending on my moods, LOL :D

Are you you trying to say the "return of the golden god "and the' singing princess 'with special guest jimmy page and john paul jones and jason bonham on drums ?LED ZEP SOUNDS BETTER.! I always wondered why Robert left it so late in his career to sing duet with someone;as during the seventies if he had ,had STEVIE NICKS on stage with him at some stage now that would have been sexy and poster would have made them a fortune,(the Blondie GODS)

Creativity at it's finest...Let's keep on "roll'n" people

B)

Kraus is one smoke'n momma/Golden Goddess

That would have been one way to do it, and yet they did not.

WHY,WHY.WHY,Didn't they(ZEP) Think of anne and nancy wilson earlier (like the wilson sisters are BIG,BIG led zep fans,could you amagine any one better to harmonize with robert when he's in full flight with songs like ROCK AND ROLL etc.I bet that would be the ultimate concert to go to! and the wilson sisters would have be over over the moon.Even now one of zeps most moving songs "THE RAIN SONG" would be awesome with some female (wilson sisters)harmonize in the back ground.

WHY,WHY.WHY,Didn't they(ZEP) Think of anne and nancy wilson earlier (like the wilson sisters are BIG,BIG led zep fans,could you amagine any one better to harmonize with robert when he's in full flight with songs like ROCK AND ROLL etc.I bet that would be the ultimate concert to go to! and the wilson sisters would have be over over the moon.Even now one of zeps most moving songs "THE RAIN SONG" would be awesome with some female (wilson sisters)harmonize in the back ground.

I remember seeing a photograph of them together with Robert Plant; they appeared to be talking about something. Apparently they were at the same venue.

I think Zep and Robert on his own like to take the road less traveled, so to speak. I like Heart a lot but it's an "obvious" choice. What makes something like Raising Sand for example, so interesting is (IMO) Alison Krauss' singing is in a completely different style to Robert, thus pushing each of them creatively in a new direction.

I think Zep and Robert on his own like to take the road less traveled, so to speak. I like Heart a lot but it's an "obvious" choice. What makes something like Raising Sand for example, so interesting is (IMO) Alison Krauss' singing is in a completely different style to Robert, thus pushing each of them creatively in a new direction.

Well, yeah ;theres only really one direction.that robert should be going now though and we would'nt be writing all this if he'd get his shit together and "do the right thing"! For robert to be singing in different directions/styles he must be coming to an end off the road with the musicians that he's been playing with in the past as he's already tryed so many(His solo career) .Now; lets not forget that the reason he is a star! its because of led zepplin ;which catapolted him into the singer (star)he is today.To try and beat the musical direction that he created thru led zep is a pretty big ask,I can understand when an artist wants to persue his own goals but with the constant pressure to return to led zepplin must be amence .We can only hope that alison is'nt using robert as a stepping stone to further her own career and do something better "after" robert; that might make him look silly/minuscule and be too late for led zep to move in a direction that all the band members could benefit from.

Well, yeah ;theres only really one direction.that robert should be going now though and we would'nt be writing all this if he'd get his shit together and "do the right thing"! For robert to be singing in different directions/styles he must be coming to an end off the road with the musicians that he's been playing with in the past as he's already tryed so many(His solo career) .Now; lets not forget that the reason he is a star! its because of led zepplin ;which catapolted him into the singer (star)he is today.To try and beat the musical direction that he created thru led zep is a pretty big ask,I can understand when an artist wants to persue his own goals but with the constant pressure to return to led zepplin must be amence .We can only hope that alison is'nt using robert as a stepping stone to further her own career and do something better "after" robert; that might make him look silly/minuscule and be too late for led zep to move in a direction that all the band members could benefit from.

I don't think he's coming to the end of his career. He's been traveling different musical directions since he started and that challenge is what seems to spark his creativity. He is doing the right thing for HIM. I get the sense from what he has said over the years he's not interested in trying to top Zep. That would be impossible but that doesn't diminish (IMO) what he's done post Zep. It's very different musically but I think that's why he's been successful and still recording after all these years - he's not trying to do Whole Lotta Love part 10.

Alison was approached by Robert who expressed an interest in working with her. She has had a very successful career on her own (platinum selling albums, multiple Grammy's etc.) and wasn't using Robert as a stepping stone for anything.

my guess is that she would be a hell of a lot better than JPJ. but it wouldn't happen. they could get someone else though. on second thought, i can't really imagine anyone performing with them. it's got to be just the four!

I think john paul jones has played the fiddle or would be quite easly played by him; considering all the other instruments that he can play (mandalon,bandjo,etc)I would like to see alison conduct an orchestra! some how i think a man wiyh all that talent ;deserves more than to play the "2nd fiddle" Yes youre right it would have to be the 4 of them as led zep.There is a version of battle of evermore where bonzo sings to sandy dennys part which really sounds bizarre .No disrespect to jason bonham (should he want a quack at it)but it really needs that female touch. "The Battle of Evermore" was played live at Led Zeppelin concerts during the band's 1977 concert tour of the United States. For these live performances, Jones sang Denny's vocals with Plant and played acoustic guitar whilst Page played mandolin. Sometimes drummer John Bonham sang Denny's vocals instead of Jones".From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia"

I don't think he's coming to the end of his career. He's been traveling different musical directions since he started and that challenge is what seems to spark his creativity. He is doing the right thing for HIM. I get the sense from what he has said over the years he's not interested in trying to top Zep. That would be impossible but that doesn't diminish (IMO) what he's done post Zep. It's very different musically but I think that's why he's been successful and still recording after all these years - he's not trying to do Whole Lotta Love part 10.

Alison was approached by Robert who expressed an interest in working with her. She has had a very successful career on her own (platinum selling albums, multiple Grammy's etc.) and wasn't using Robert as a stepping stone for anything.

i disagree with some of this as Robert has taken (for example "with the srange sensation")a lot of led zep songs and tried to rearrange them (on the" mighty rearranger" tour)with some very sad results .Listen to"black dog" by the strange sensation and 'whole lotta love'(part whatever?)and its absolute crap !I'm sorry but I saw him on the Jools Holland show sing black dog and had to turn the T.V OFF.. VERY ,VERY disappointed with the show as he had an opportunity to"show piece" some of his new materiel and yet it was rehashed led zepplin that he chose. Even now with alison krauss; he's still trying the zep songs to (rearrange them,move in a "different musical direction")see if he can ,what ?move in a new direction with songs from his past but try a new direction.come on now.(that must be part 9.5) As for alison been approached by Robert who expressed an interest in working with her; well that was good but like i said;If the next project she takes on becomes something "classic" (right up there with stairway to heaven ,Kasmer.etc)and robert's not involved with that project ,than who do you think will look at what robert plant did with her?

i disagree with some of this as Robert has taken (for example "with the srange sensation")a lot of led zep songs and tried to rearrange them (on the" mighty rearranger" tour)with some very sad results .Listen to"black dog" by the strange sensation and 'whole lotta love'(part whatever?)and its absolute crap !I'm sorry but I saw him on the Jools Holland show sing black dog and had to turn the T.V OFF.. VERY ,VERY disappointed with the show as he had an opportunity to"show piece" some of his new materiel and yet it was rehashed led zepplin that he chose. Even now with alison krauss; he's still trying the zep songs to (rearrange them,move in a "different musical direction")see if he can ,what ?move in a new direction with songs from his past but try a new direction.come on now.(that must be part 9.5) As for alison been approached by Robert who expressed an interest in working with her; well that was good but like i said;If the next project she takes on becomes something "classic" (right up there with stairway to heaven ,Kasmer.etc)and robert's not involved with that project ,than who do you think will look at what robert plant did with her?

I was referring to his solo material as far as moving in different musical directions. But he does rework the Zep tunes to sound quite different from the originals. If he was trying to "rehash" Zep songs, he wouldn't have done that, nor would he have chosen to work with guitarists like Justin Adams and Skin who sound nothing like Page.

I was referring to his solo material as far as moving in different musical directions. But he does rework the Zep tunes to sound quite different from the originals. If he was trying to "rehash" Zep songs, he wouldn't have done that, nor would he have chosen to work with guitarists like Justin Adams and Skin who sound nothing like Page.

If he was trying to "rehash" Zep songs, he wouldn't have done that, nor would he have chosen to work with guitarists like Justin Adams and Skin who sound nothing like Page. what? For goodness sake are you trying to say ?look he hooked up with justin adams and skin be cause they were musicians that he could work with to take him ( Robert )on a new musical journey with backgrounds in music that appealed to robert .after they started runing out of ideas (which robert said to the strange sensation ,after he finished the tour with them "quote"here's some song titles ,write some new songs and i'll get back to you;"unquote"they started REHASING zepplin songs to fill in for songs to make the numbers /repartraire for the gig/concert that they were playing.regardless of sounding like page -bonham-jonesie.It's still playing the songs REHASHING and when you rehash !thats not in my eye's; moving in a new direction but stagnating or stalling till the next project comes along.

Archived