immigrant song remix?

jsj

there is a rumour doing the rounds that pendulum have been asked to do a remix of immigrant song for later release

i'm told it was on 'teletext'* as well, not that justifies its validity

* a UK tv info service

I just listened to it. Not really what I expected. Actually I wasn't sure what to expect but I was hoping it was going to sound cooler than that. I may be biased, but they should've gotten Liam Howlett from The Prodigy to do the remix. But I am excited about the reasons for the remix. If any of them are true, I'd be happy with either. :)

Ok, if anyone is interested in hearing it, this is the link (you get there from the top post). I have listened to it and all I can say is that they have trodden on hallowed turf. It's part of a live DJ set so you do have lots of waffle over it. I had flashbacks of Puff Daddy & Jimmy Page :blink:

Immigrant Song by Pendulum

Apart from the retard asking everyone to bounce, it was... not my cup of tea. :D

Robert sounds good though! :blink:

Thank you for linking it MissHoneydripper.

I know it gets mashed up alot. :) It's very good with Kelly Clarkson's Behind These Hazel Eyes. No shit. :)

I listened to the clip... I wanted to dislike it... but I adore it. :wub::blush: Except the guy shouting over it... well he's not too obnoxious...

A good remix adds a beat or sounds without resorting to repetition, too much is just unacceptable... this one just added a dash of flair and left the original song mostly intact. Bravo.

Edited by 70sPercy'sPet

Off topic, but still sorta on topic.

The Prodigy - Rhythm Of Life which samples Robert's wail from 'Whole Lotta Love". I had no idea they even did this, and wasn't sure you'd be able to catch it, but you can definitely hear the Zep. And I guess there's a popular song out now by a rap artist called Sean Kingston that samples "D'Yer Mak'er.

The Prodigy - Rhythm Of Life With Zep Sample

There will be a studio pro mix of the Immigrant Song by Pendulum that will differ greatly from the rough-mix version that they dropped during a live club gig.

The studio version will be much heavier and Robert's wail will be looped and tossed over a heavy drum sample. Cool.

For all you haters of this re-mixed Zep, get ready for even more drastic cuts.