Jimmy 72/73

pinky

can somebody show somethign like a before and after picture of Jimmy Page in 1972/1973 because I may be wrong but from what I know he started doing drugs in 73 and in Sydney 72(from the dvd) he looked alot healthier than TSRTS just thought it would be interesting to see something like a before and after.

can somebody show somethign like a before and after picture of Jimmy Page in 1972/1973 because I may be wrong but from what I know he started doing drugs in 73 and in Sydney 72(from the dvd) he looked alot healthier than TSRTS just thought it would be interesting to see something like a before and after.

He looked really good in Vancouver 73. You could see the change in 75

There was (quite a bit of) cocaine used during the '73 U.S. tour. There are at least two other members here who, like me, saw Jimmy perform in '74 with Bad Company (in NYC and Austin) and, as with the '73 concerts, he did not seem (or at least his playing didn't seem) to be suffering any ill-effects from the cocaine use. I did notice a change in '75 but I can't say for certain if it was because the cocaine use increased or if the tour schedule was more grueling and demanding. I didn't attend any Zep concerts after '75, but when I saw photos of Jimmy in '77, his physical changes were most noticeable. I would go as far as to say that I barely recognized him.

As quoted by him: " For me, drugs were an integral part of the whole thing, right from the beginning of Led Zeppelin, right to the end. I don't regret it, because when I needed to be focused, I was really focused".

So there you go. He had been using it much before '72 and '73, maybe he wasn't using the heavy ones such heroin yet , still..

Archived