Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
jimmie ray

Bass beginner thoughts

hello everyone, i was just woundering if i played string bass quite a few years ago, could a person switch to a bass and play by tabs?

Nice!

Those belong to the friend that disagrees with your other friend about hickory vs oak?

That would be the one! :lol:

I think I'm going to try and get my old bass tuned properly, and just learn some simple scales before going back to the music store to test out the selection. I have a beginner bass book, but I don't see any tuning tips in it. Anyone have any, or a site that would help me? Thanks again!

I think I'm going to try and get my old bass tuned properly, and just learn some simple scales before going back to the music store to test out the selection. I have a beginner bass book, but I don't see any tuning tips in it. Anyone have any, or a site that would help me? Thanks again!

Just how to tune a bass? You can search "online bass tuner" on google, or something to that effect. You'll have to match notes, not too difficult. Might be a good idea to snag an electronic tuner at some point, to make things simpler. If the strings are old, you might want to install some new ones. I always stretch my strings a bit while I'm installing them, so they go out of tune less.

Ok jimmie im here now.

Im a begginer, and im looking for good sites to find some Blues songs for Bassists. So what is your recommendation?

I can look on Google.com, but I like this way...

The music store I went to had many blues for the bass books, which came with a DVD or CD in the back pocket. But just went with a general beginner bass book. I know I'm asking alot of questions, but really haven't gotten started yet.