Bass beginner thoughts

jimmie ray

I think I'm going to try and get my old bass tuned properly, and just learn some simple scales before going back to the music store to test out the selection. I have a beginner bass book, but I don't see any tuning tips in it. Anyone have any, or a site that would help me? Thanks again!

I think I'm going to try and get my old bass tuned properly, and just learn some simple scales before going back to the music store to test out the selection. I have a beginner bass book, but I don't see any tuning tips in it. Anyone have any, or a site that would help me? Thanks again!

Just how to tune a bass? You can search "online bass tuner" on google, or something to that effect. You'll have to match notes, not too difficult. Might be a good idea to snag an electronic tuner at some point, to make things simpler. If the strings are old, you might want to install some new ones. I always stretch my strings a bit while I'm installing them, so they go out of tune less.

Ok jimmie im here now.

Im a begginer, and im looking for good sites to find some Blues songs for Bassists. So what is your recommendation?

I can look on Google.com, but I like this way...

The music store I went to had many blues for the bass books, which came with a DVD or CD in the back pocket. But just went with a general beginner bass book. I know I'm asking alot of questions, but really haven't gotten started yet.

Archived