Whisky Tread

eagle87

Someone bought me a bottle of this during the Holidays.  I later realized they sponsor the Kentucky Derby every year.  Makes sense because it tastes like horse piss to me.  I'll never understand how someone can willingly drink this crap.  I'd rather down some home made white lightning.  

whiskey.jpg

11 hours ago, Bong-Man said:

Someone bought me a bottle of this during the Holidays.  I later realized they sponsor the Kentucky Derby every year.  Makes sense because it tastes like horse piss to me.  I'll never understand how someone can willingly drink this crap.  I'd rather down some home made white lightning.  

whiskey.jpg

Maybe the distiller enjoys a nice glass of good old Kentucky horse piss on occasion and thus selected this particular batch 😉 

Not a fan of Woodford, I think Four Roses (the regular for around $25 a bottle) is quite good. If I really want some good bourbon I go for the Four Roses Small Batch or Booker's.

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/20/2021 at 4:22 PM, BobDobbs said:

Maybe the distiller enjoys a nice glass of good old Kentucky horse piss on occasion and thus selected this particular batch 😉 

Not a fan of Woodford, I think Four Roses (the regular for around $25 a bottle) is quite good. If I really want some good bourbon I go for the Four Roses Small Batch or Booker's.

I love Four Roses…either the Small Batch or the Single Barrel is excellent. Even their regular Kentucky Straight Bourbon is quality.

I am also a big Blanton's guy…when I can find it.

Blantons-Single-Barrel-Blantons-Red-Blantons-Blalck-Edition-Bourbon-Whiskey-Bundle.jpg.a8dc607d5b93c3e917a966aabf82c430.jpg

4 hours ago, Strider said:

I love Four Roses…either the Small Batch or the Single Barrel is excellent. Even their regular Kentucky Straight Bourbon is quality.

I am also a big Blanton's guy…when I can find it.

Blantons-Single-Barrel-Blantons-Red-Blantons-Blalck-Edition-Bourbon-Whiskey-Bundle.jpg.a8dc607d5b93c3e917a966aabf82c430.jpg

For mixing, you really can't beat Bullitt Frontier Bourbon. It's smooth but with a nice bite so mixes well.

For sipping you sure can't go wrong with Blanton's. Whistle Pig is fantastic but for $800 a bottle...fugetaboutit!

• 2 years later...