Little Rascals Trivia Time!

jimmie ray

"Woim" threatening my status? No f-ing way! :lol:

1. Mickey Gubatosie (sp?) Yes, Robert Blake

2. Poem recited when Alfalfa had firecrackers going off in his pocket? Yes, Charge of the Light Brigade.

3. What do streetcar conducters collect? "Boy do they collect the nickles!"

4. What song does Janet's older sister sing to her family when Janet is kidnapped? "Though She Has Seen Better Days" Episode where Janet runs away with her kitty, and it's called a kidnapping.

5. What's the cop's name in the earlier episodes? Yes, Kennedy.

6. What was the name of the older kid who had the faster derby car? Yes, Waldo.

7. On what lake did the race between Alfalfa and the rich kid occur? Toluca Lake.

8. What was the location they camped at with jelly sandwiches (that Porky brought along) that turned into a fright fest with flashlights? Cherry Creek.

What film was Carl "Alfalfa" Schweitzer in as a young adult? Clue, it was a well known Christmas film.

Edited by Evster2012

Hmmm... You like trivia about the real names of characters and places, I guess? I'm just going with what the casual viewer would have seen or heard in the episodes themselves. I hear there's a whole subject on the real life curse that led to the early demise of most of the characters - like Afalfa being shot in a robbery.

*Edit: I wasn't even going to try your last question, because it's not my bag. But then I realized - Alfalfa was the jealous guy who pushed the pool dance floor button open in "It's a Wonderful Life". You know what's under this very dance floor?

Edited by jimmie ray

What film was Carl "Alfalfa" Schweitzer in as a young adult? Clue, it was a well known Christmas film.

He was in the beginning of "White Christmas" with Bing Crosby...

Benny, I believe, was his name in the movie.

R B)

Aw crap! I need to ponder those! I know the treasure chest was guarded by a giant, right? An elvish looking giant.

And my guess on the tomato pelting would be Buckwheat and Porky.

Lost on the spitballs though.

Edited by Evster2012

What's behind door # 3? Is it a giant? YES! Remember, he caught them with flypaper, and hung them on meathooks (but it was just a dream).

Mr. spats had already correctly answered the tomatoes question - I'd be curious if he would like to administer Round # 4?

But questions # 2 and 10 from Round 2 are still waiting...

#6 - yep - very good!

#3 - nope - different episode, please try again!

Well, i'm going completely from 35+ years of memory.

I've probably have seen nearly all of the episodes, but being so long ago, i cannae remember.

Most are on the tip of my tongue, but elusive.

Tried Wiki as a ref, but came up empty and lost interest

So kudos for a good thread.

BTW, if it was The Three Stooges, i may be more competitive :D

Example: What was the name of the canary a drunk Shemp kept seeing in the railroad car?

Well, I tried to keep the questions as reasonable as what I thought, but we each have selective memory on the different episodes. The 2 unanswered ones are from very classic moments, to me. Evster's were very tough, and he knows the trivia outside of just what went on in the episodes. But that's why it might be good for others to offer a few? It doesn't have to be 10 questions, maybe 3 or 5? But call them out as a Round #XXX, this way it won't be too chaotic.

What's behind door # 3? Is it a giant? YES! Remember, he caught them with flypaper, and hung them on meathooks (but it was just a dream).

Mr. spats had already correctly answered the tomatoes question - I'd be curious if he would like to administer Round # 4?

But questions # 2 and 10 from Round 2 are still waiting...

I haven't watched the shows in quite awhile so i don't think i would be able to come up with trivia questions.

Well, this a late notice, and I don't know what areas can get this outside of NY - But today at 12:00 noon, WPIX channel 11 is having a 60th anniversary marathon. Little Rascals, Abbott and Costello, Three Stooges, Honeymooners, etc... We're taping it, for watching later tonight - I'm psyched!

In the episode where Darla's family were sitting down for supper, and the father (it was his b-day dinner) couldn't get a bite of food because of various mishaps, what did he complain repeatedly that was all he'd had to eat all day? :beer:

Edited by Evster2012

In the episode where Darla's family were sitting down for supper, and the father (it was his b-day dinner) couldn't get a bite of food because of various mishaps, what did he complain repeatedly that was all he'd had to eat all day? :beer:

Lettuce on gluton bread. You can quiz as many "Feed em and Weep" questions as you like, Ev, now that we got this one on tape. Did you see the WPIX special, all thway out there? Abbott and Costello (TV show episodes) was even better than I remembered - Stinky absolutely rules!

Round 4:

1- What did the gang bring to the golf course, that annoyed the golfers with strange noises and ruined their equipment?

2- What did Alfalfa stick in his sock, as a fake leg - to fool Butch into thinking he got hurt, and couldn't fight?

3- How did the gang subdue the criminal in the gorilla suit, who was trying to scare them away from their camping spot?

4- What happened to the little violin (Leonard?) player's best suit, when he skipped out of practice to play football, instead?

5- What device did the gang have mounted on the front of their taxi, that got the attention of the lazy road workers who were leaning on their shovels?

6- What type of business building was on fire, that the gang's fire squad tried to extinguish?

7- What did the gang do to ruin the neighbor's rug, when they had to do chores for him?

8- What did the town constable do to the gang, when they begged for food that supposedly was for their dog?

9- What wound up in Alfalfa's scarf, and added a sound effect to his rendition of "There's an Echo, in the Valley"?

10- What's the answer to the school class question "What is an escalator"??

"Woim" threatening my status? No f-ing way! :lol:

1. Mickey Gubatosie (sp?)

Aka: Mickey (the money's in my shoe).

More commonly known as?

robert blake

Oh, and yes. All by memory. Haven't seen the shit in decades! :beer:

i love the one where spanky is 3 and they are all in the junkyard rubbing lamps because they just heard the story 'alladin'

one kid is rubbing a lamp saying 'i wish i don't have to take a bath on saturday'. stimey says 'i wish my pappy was outta jail.' spanky says 'i wish cotton(stymies' brother)was a monkey'...

the pomagarante or artichoke episode where stimey and spanky are begging door-to-door: 'are you boys vegetarians?' stymie: 'no ma'am...we's methodists!'

i love the one where spanky is 3 and they are all in the junkyard rubbing lamps because they just heard the story 'alladin'

one kid is rubbing a lamp saying 'i wish i don't have to take a bath on saturday'. stimey says 'i wish my pappy was outta jail.' spanky says 'i wish cotton(stymies' brother)was a monkey'...

the pomagarante or artichoke episode where stimey and spanky are begging door-to-door: 'are you boys vegetarians?' stymie: 'no ma'am...we's methodists!'

Waa waa waaaaahhhh, bwamp-papapapapaaaaahhhh!

Round 4 is waiting - no watermelon, until you's done...

Round 4:

1- What did the gang bring to the golf course, that annoyed the golfers with strange noises and ruined their equipment?

2- What did Alfalfa stick in his sock, as a fake leg - to fool Butch into thinking he got hurt, and couldn't fight?

3- How did the gang subdue the criminal in the gorilla suit, who was trying to scare them away from their camping spot?

4- What happened to the little violin (Leonard?) player's best suit, when he skipped out of practice to play football, instead?

5- What device did the gang have mounted on the front of their taxi, that got the attention of the lazy road workers who were leaning on their shovels?

6- What type of business building was on fire, that the gang's fire squad tried to extinguish?

7- What did the gang do to ruin the neighbor's rug, when they had to do chores for him?

8- What did the town constable do to the gang, when they begged for food that supposedly was for their dog?

9- What wound up in Alfalfa's scarf, and added a sound effect to his rendition of "There's an Echo, in the Valley"?

10- What's the answer to the school class question "What is an escalator"??

2. A monkey. That was a classic episode.

3. A fish.

7. Didn't they run a lawn mower over it?

9. a frog.

2. A monkey. That was a classic episode.

3. A fish.

7. Didn't they run a lawn mower over it?

9. a frog.

I have no problem giving you all 4, spats - as long as that stranger with a big iron on his hip doesn't mind the first 2 not matching the question numbers... Nice job, actually!

#5 should be a cakewalk?

I have no problem giving you all 4, spats - as long as that stranger with a big iron on his hip doesn't mind the first 2 not matching the question numbers... Nice job, actually!

#5 should be a cakewalk?

Damn, i didn't notice that. I got the numbers mixed up. :angry:

Damn, i didn't notice that. I got the numbers mixed up. :angry:

No one's gonna get picky over it, little buddy - the answers were right. If you insist on kicking yourself over, though - feel free. Or just ask some girl on the street, if you can't reach - call her "Fugly Mary" or something?

Now, let's get a tally on the frontrunners:

spats - 11 out of 40

Evster - 5 out of 30 (answering your own or a previously answered one don't count)

danelectro - 3 out of 40

redrum - 1 out of 40

Goooooo Woim!!!

* 9 out of 40, still unanswered???