1972 Thread

NickZepp

This is the year which we get HTWWW shows recorded. And the year they invade Australia for the first and only time.

Here's my top few

Aussie/NZ tour

Seattle 6-19

San Bernardo 6-22

The Forum 6-25

Long Beach 6-27

Japan Tour

Couldn't have said it better myself.

Particularly like the 1972-10-02 Japan performance, and of course, who dares to say they dislike 1972-06-25!

Just got the Austrailian shows last night and have yet to give them a listen, but I've heard great things. B)

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I grew up in SoCal, The Forum is a place most of us had a love hate relationship with, But when Led Zeppelin came to town The Forum became a cathedral. I went to both the 25th and 27th shows, with the 27th being my 20th birthday. The Forum show was special because of the energy in both the band and the audience, The level of playing, the premier of new music and the length of the show. Those two shows together make 72 a memorable year for me. I also saw them in 71 and 73 at the

forum, and 75 at Long Beach, but the most memorable show, and therefore my fovorite year, was 9/4/70 at The Forum (Live on Blueberry Hill). We were so totally blown away at how strong they were. At the end of the show Tony Grant came out and addressed the audience "Led Zeppelin, can you dig it???. I will never forget that night!!!

I grew up in SoCal, The Forum is a place most of us had a love hate relationship with, But when Led Zeppelin came to town The Forum became a cathedral. I went to both the 25th and 27th shows, with the 27th being my 20th birthday. The Forum show was special because of the energy in both the band and the audience, The level of playing, the premier of new music and the length of the show. Those two shows together make 72 a memorable year for me. I also saw them in 71 and 73 at the

forum, and 75 at Long Beach, but the most memorable show, and therefore my fovorite year, was 9/4/70 at The Forum (Live on Blueberry Hill). We were so totally blown away at how strong they were. At the end of the show Tony Grant came out and addressed the audience "Led Zeppelin, can you dig it???. I will never forget that night!!!

Sorry, Led Zeppelins Mgr. Was Peter Grant, not Tony Grant. A rather rotund figure as I recall.

Archived