New Gilmour Live album

Cletus

I will get this, most likley the 2 CD 2 DVD version............... But i would much prefer a DVD/CD of the recent 2006/2008 Roger Waters DSOTM tour........That would blow the Gilmour release right out of the universe.

I still don't have Remember That Night, but I honestly think a live album from when his first solo album came out would be better. It makes me wonder if he worked some Floyd into his own songs.

"Echoes" version on Remeber that Night is amazing!

I will get this, most likley the 2 CD 2 DVD version............... But i would much prefer a DVD/CD of the recent 2006/2008 Roger Waters DSOTM tour........That would blow the Gilmour release right out of the universe.

Sorry, but you're wrong. The Gilmour tour was pretty well Pink Floyd. The Remember That Night dvd is as good or better than Pulse. He had all the personnel, sans Mason, and he's not that great a drummer anyway. Gilmour still sounds like the old days vocally, and as always his guitar sound is something to behold.

Sorry, but you're wrong. The Gilmour tour was pretty well Pink Floyd. The Remember That Night dvd is as good or better than Pulse. He had all the personnel, sans Mason, and he's not that great a drummer anyway. Gilmour still sounds like the old days vocally, and as always his guitar sound is something to behold.

Nick Mason did guest at one of Gilmour's Albert Hall shows I think and Floyd sans Waters (although Waters did a solo spot) played at a Syd Barett tribute concert last year.

I too would prefer a Roger Waters tour DVD, saw the DSOTM tour twice, once in '06 and '07 and it was so amazing, although Gilmour recreates the music almost 100% Waters' shows are amazing from a spectacle point of view and so I would rather watch a DVD of a Waters show.

However I hope that Roger Waters does a full on solo tour sometime as lyrically his solo stuff is second to none, with the Floydfest which was the DSOTM '06-'08 tour, I'd love him to play some stuff from Pros and Cons, Radio KAOS, Amused to Death etc and not worry about the Floyd stuff. ALthough I guess its the 'DSOTM' name which got bums on seats.

I saw both of their most recent tours. Gotta say I thought Gilmour's was far better than Waters not to mention it was a great addition having Crosby and Nash join him. I didn't really care for Roger's band and the show to me had no connection to the audience. It felt very much Roger tooting his own horn if that makes any sense.

I saw both of their most recent tours. Gotta say I thought Gilmour's was far better than Waters not to mention it was a great addition having Crosby and Nash join him. I didn't really care for Roger's band and the show to me had no connection to the audience. It felt very much Roger tooting his own horn if that makes any sense.

Well I saw Waters twice and I went to the "Remember That Night" DVD Premiere in London featuring a performance by David and his band and I think that both were amazing and they come at Floyd from different angles.

With Waters you get the full on theatrical production, flying pigs, giant projection screen and all, with this however you do sacrifice some spontenaity as the idea is to produce a 'show,' Waters' guitarist said that they play to a click track to make the music corespond with the video.

With Gilmour however it is musical improvisation which takes prominence and although lasers etc are in his concerts its not on the same scale, so you get the audience connection and the spontenaity.

Gilmour really has nailed the Floyd sound (probably because there were many ex Floyd members in his band) and with Waters it sounds more like a 'cover version' as on DSOTM he didnt sing the majority of the vocals also Wish You Were Here sounds very different and I much prefer the Gilmour version, in fact the Australian Pink Floyd Show's version is closer to the original than Roger's.

I think the main thing is that Gilmour and Waters had different visions of what Floyd should be, Gilmour wanting the instrumentals (shown by the fact that some of Shine On was cut by Waters in the tour) and Waters wanting dark moody lyrics and music which is why "On An Island" sounds more obviously Floydian than say "Amused to Death".

Although all in all I LOVED the Waters shows, Nick Mason turned up at the Hyde Park one making it more special also as it was roughly one year from the Live 8 reunion in the same place and have to say that the DSOTM tour is the best tour I have ever seen next to Leonard Cohen's tour this year.

Really think that Waters shouldnt play mainly Floyd stuff in his set as there were only two solo songs in his set and that although the tour was good he kind of over did it, 3 years with the same setlist.

Archived