Ever wonder what the songs ment?

Well, naturally I wanted to learn all about STH (That's irony), and I did learn something new:

On January 23, 1991, John Sebastian, owner and general manager of KLSK FM in Albuquerque, New Mexico, played the song for 24 solid hours to inaugurate a format change to Classic Rock. It played more than 200 times, eliciting hundreds of angry calls and letters. Police showed up with guns drawn after a listener reported that the DJ had apparently suffered a heart attack, later because of suspicion that - this being 8 days into the Gulf War - the radio station had been taken hostage by terrorists dispatched by Zeppelin freak Saddam Hussein. Weirdest of all, lots of listeners didn't move the dial: "Turns out a lot of people listened to see when we would finally stop playing it."

Zeppelin freak Saddam Hussein? :huh:

I think much of their music is pretty self explanatory. Whole Lotta Love, Good Times, Bad Times, Immigrant Song, Out On The Tiles, etc. While others are left open for interpretation... No Quarter, The Rain Song, Night Flight, Dancing Days (a lion standing alone with a tadpole in a jar?).

Regardless of what the lyrics may or may not mean is entirely subjective to the listener. Some lyrics are direct while others rely on subtle hints and double entendre to get the point across.

It's a mind journey with music playing in the background. Really, really good music. :D

I have wondered what the songs ment, as well as mint. I usually wonder what they mint right after I've had a Tic Tac.

As for what they meant..."The Battle of Evermore" is the center of debate all over the Internet. Is it about a scene from "Lord of the Rings," or is it about Armageddon from the Bible? Or both? What's "That's the Way" about? (I find it curious Robert says "the girl next door" in concert but "the boy next door" on the album.) Yes, I've wondered what the songs meant.

Archived