Coverdale & Page - London Rehearsals [1993]

I loved C/P musically, but I can't get past Coverdale's screaming on many of the songs. It brought a hair-metal aspect to the album that I thought well beneath Jimmy. Don't get me wrong, some of the songs are quite good (Prayer for the Dying is a fave of mine. Nice and dark! Don't Leave Me This Way too.). But then Coverdale has to stick his 80s Whitesnake metal voice in there and ruin the vibe.

I can't take it anymore!

Yeah, me neither Dave. <_<

Notes say it was recorded in July 1993 at an empty theatre in London prior to departing for Japan.

Got it from someone we both know whose username at various places, including the hotel, ends with *****kg, and nominated you to take over his P/P thread regarding tour dates and setlists. Was that covert enough? If you want it, I can upload the FLAC files to megaupload and send you the links over the weekend. That's easier for me than sending you a disc.

Notes say it was recorded in July 1993 at an empty theatre in London prior to departing for Japan.

I've just looked into this a bit further. Jimmy and David's 45-date North American tour was tentatively planned to begin in June 1993 but it was postponed until October.

In July they began their tour rehearsals at Nomis Studio in London. Tickets went on sale the first Sunday in August but the demand was not sufficient and the tour was

cancelled.

In November they returned to Nomis Studio and began rehearsals for their upcoming

7-date Japanese tour the following month. Final rehearsals were held in L.A. in late

Nov '93 and on into early Dec '93.

I do recognize the source to whom you refer, so I don't doubt this release is properly

identified as "London Rehearsals".

Anyone else think that Prayer for the Dying and System of a Down's Ariels are very very similar?

Definitely noticed this when I first heard C/P. Both in drop D tuning, actually very simple riffs really.

Archived