2012 Opening Ceremony Ideas

Pagey_17

We have so much culture contrary to belief. Well music should play a big part how about Elton john and Paul Mccartney etc Maybe Clapton Page and Beck together :unsure:

With history etc i was thinking maybe Viking Longships could play a part as well as anglo saxon dress and music etc. How about a juiced up Shakespeare run through, in a grand scale. A huge maypole and morris dancers of course. A scottish bagpipe performance. In terms of modern britain we could have a multicultural theme as well as BMX riders and acrobats etc.

Yeh the bus for sure, Shakespeare theme and I would imagine A Beatle would be there too. Being its in london, it should be Pagey again and dare I say the Stones, the beck/Page thing would be good but I guess it will be more of the bands of the day too in 2012. We have alot to celebrate here in the UK and I hope we don't get the usual oh we are soo crap at things, we should celebrate vibrancy of London today !!

Yeh the bus for sure, Shakespeare theme and I would imagine A Beatle would be there too. Being its in london, it should be Pagey again and dare I say the Stones, the beck/Page thing would be good but I guess it will be more of the bands of the day too in 2012. We have alot to celebrate here in the UK and I hope we don't get the usual oh we are soo crap at things, we should celebrate vibrancy of London today !!

This is not just Londons games though its Britains :D , that immediately gives you more scope

This is not just Londons games though its Britains :D , that immediately gives you more scope

Yes I agree with you, but just the fact there are loads of famous musicians from the London area i hope we don't just rely on the band from Liverpool, include them yes but you know what I mean, if i had my way Zep would do a gig :)

We have so much culture contrary to belief. Well music should play a big part how about Elton john and Paul Mccartney etc Maybe Clapton Page and Beck together :unsure:

With history etc i was thinking maybe Viking Longships could play a part as well as anglo saxon dress and music etc. How about a juiced up Shakespeare run through, in a grand scale. A huge maypole and morris dancers of course. A scottish bagpipe performance. In terms of modern britain we could have a multicultural theme as well as BMX riders and acrobats etc.

Like this? B)

• 2 years later...

Well the Olympics is getting nearer for us here so thought it would be nice to dig this old topic up as it soon will be very topical.

Anyone looking forward to this event coming to London ??

For the opening ceremony we need something cheap (given the current economic climate) but spectacular and quintessentially British. :Thinking:

How about a Dalek racing round the track waving a Union Jack, hotly pursued by Shirley Bassey, while Brian May plays the theme from Chariots of Fire on his electric guitar.

That would be pretty spectacular and original, don't you think? :lol:

I can't take credit for that great idea as it's Harry Hill's, but I think it could work. :D

PS. No leddy, I'm not looking forward to it one bit. The Olympics are boring. :zzz:

For the opening ceremony we need something cheap (given the current economic climate) but spectacular and quintessentially British. :Thinking:

How about a Dalek racing round the track waving a Union Jack, hotly pursued by Shirley Bassey, while Brian May plays the theme from Chariots of Fire on his electric guitar.

That would be pretty spectacular and original, don't you think? :lol:

I can't take credit for that great idea as it's Harry Hill's, but I think it could work. :D

PS. No leddy, I'm not looking forward to it one bit. The Olympics are boring. :zzz:

I was about to congratulate you on that great idea, then was dissapointed that it was old Mr Hill's, but its still great :)

It aint going to happen, but if it did woo hoo :)

I get sent Led Zeppelin updates every single day from yahoo. The other day the focus again by a source I cannot recall, says that everyone is pressuring Plant to re unite with Page and do it. The clock is running out on the possibility of it happening. But it could be done. I just wish Robert would give in and do it. I do not think it would in any way tarnish their legacy. It would not damage their image one bit. But many disagree wiith this strongly. Their right to do so. Ok. Back on topic. It will probably be a newer act. I just cant imagine Jagger and the Stones doing it? but who knows? Maybe a combo of many of the big names including McCartney. I believe McCartney will be approached for sure. That is a safe bet. Maybe Elton John? Perhaps Bowie and Daltriy will have a part in it? And Jimmy Page and Clapton I would hope for sure.

I get sent Led Zeppelin updates every single day from yahoo. The other day the focus again by a source I cannot recall, says that everyone is pressuring Plant to re unite with Page and do it. The clock is running out on the possibility of it happening. But it could be done. I just wish Robert would give in and do it. I do not think it would in any way tarnish their legacy. It would not damage their image one bit. But many disagree wiith this strongly. Their right to do so. Ok. Back on topic. It will probably be a newer act. I just cant imagine Jagger and the Stones doing it? but who knows? Maybe a combo of many of the big names including McCartney. I believe McCartney will be approached for sure. That is a safe bet. Maybe Elton John? Perhaps Bowie and Daltriy will have a part in it? And Jimmy Page and Clapton I would hope for sure.

Robert Plant has been pressured to do Led Zeppelin reunions for over 30 years. Highly unlikely. Given Mick Jagger is keen

to do a Rolling Stones 50th Anniversary World Tour and that band's iconic status it would come as no surprise to see them involved in this event.

Archived