Most often played song?

Walter

I was wondering if anyone has ever checked to see what song was played most by Zep. Obviously Dazed was played from the start until 5/25/75. Whole Lotta Love wasn't played until late '69 but was played every night from that time forward. I would assume that the 3rd and 4th most played songs would be Since I've Been Loving You and Stairway. So what does everyone think?

Dazed wasn't played in 77 or 80 so it's probably not that. Whole Lotta Love or Heartbreaker although Heartbreaker wasn't played for most of 77 or 80 either.

Nick, if you look at the number of shows they played from late '68 until Dec. '69 (which is when I first saw WLL on their set list), they played A LOT of shows. '77 tour was only 3 1/2 months and '80 was 1 month. Heartbreaker was also not played much during '75 on top of what you already said. So, without statistical data to back me, I think it's Dazed, WLL, Since..., and then Stairway or Heartbreaker.

Based on the 287 or so circulating shows, D & C was the most played at 207 times. WLL was second at 195. STH, SIBLY, and R & R round out the top 5.

I thought so, but Stairway was played more often than Since....? I know that SIBLY was played in Jan. '70 and was only missing on the short '75 tour. Stairway didn't surface until spring '71 and of course was played every tiime from that point on. Hmmmm......

Thanks for the data though.

1. Dazed - Every show till '77.

2. WLL -If all Zepp shows were lined up out of order, WLL would occur about every two shows.

3. CB - Played at least thrice per year, usually more.

4. STH - Every show from mid-'71 onward, except two in '77.

5. SIBLY - Every show from '70 onward, except '75

6. Heartbreaker - If all Zepp shows were lined up out of order, WLL would occur about once every four shows.

Just my guesses.

I thought so, but Stairway was played more often than Since....? I know that SIBLY was played in Jan. '70 and was only missing on the short '75 tour. Stairway didn't surface until spring '71 and of course was played every tiime from that point on. Hmmmm......

Thanks for the data though.

This is shows we actually have recordings of remember, from 73 onwards thats pretty much every date but 68-70 has alot of gaps.

I wouldnt actually be supprized if CB was pretty high if we consider non recorded shows to have had a typical setlist, was dropped pretty early but played alot in those busy opening years then brought back occasionally.

1. Dazed - Every show till '77.

2. WLL -If all Zepp shows were lined up out of order, WLL would occur about every two shows.

3. CB - Played at least thrice per year, usually more.

4. STH - Every show from mid-'71 onward, except two in '77.

5. SIBLY - Every show from '70 onward, except '75

6. Heartbreaker - If all Zepp shows were lined up out of order, WLL would occur about once every four shows.

Just my guesses.

This is the actual answer based on what is circulating and we can correctly identify the set list of each show:

Based on the 287 or so circulating shows, D & C was the most played at 207 times. WLL was second at 195. STH, SIBLY, and R & R round out the top 5.

A more interesting question would be what songs were played the least that were played on a semi regular basis. This takes out the songs that were played once or twice like Out on the Tiles, Friends, and a few others. It would probably be Celebration Day and Bring it on Home if I were to guess.

A more interesting question would be what songs were played the least that were played on a semi regular basis. This takes out the songs that were played once or twice like Out on the Tiles, Friends, and a few others. It would probably be Celebration Day and Bring it on Home if I were to guess.

Here you go Nick, based on 287 circulating recordings, here is the list of songs played in part OR in full:

http://3hrsoflunacy.googlepages.com/songsplayedbyzep

Archived