LED ZEPPELIN IN THE STUDIO

ZOSO1

This is from TIGHT BUT LOOSE. What do you all think? is this for real? Are we getting new material?

JIMMY, JPJ AND JASON IN THE STUDIO

Plenty of national coverage for this story originating from an interview Jason gave to a Detroit radio station. Link at ... PasteMagazine

Members of Led Zeppelin recording new material

By Mary Kate Varnau on August 27, 2008 2:20 PM | Permalink | Comments (0)

Led Zeppelin may be recording a new album, says collaborator Jason Bonham (via Pop Candy). The son of Zeppelin’s late drummer, John Bonham, Jason played with the band at its celebrated reunion concert last year in London. Since then, he’s been meeting with Jimmy Page and John Paul Jones periodically to record, creating the band’s first studio work together in more than 25 years.

Bonham recently told Detroit radio station 94.7 WCSX that writing new material has been “on the cards” for the trio. "At the moment, all I know is I have the great pleasure to go and jam with the two guys and start work on some material," he said. "When I get there [in the studio] I never ask any questions. If I get a phone call to go and play, I enjoy every moment of it.”

Lead-singer Robert Plant has not been present at any of the recording sessions. He bowed out of a world tour following the December show, opting instead to record an album with bluegrass singer Alison Krauss.

Jason Bonham has given his notice to his current band Foreigner, effective Sept. 1. He told WCSX that he’s looking forward to time with his family but also hinted that a Led Zeppelin album might be coming. "Whatever it ends up as, to ever get a chance to jam with two people like that, it is a phenomenal thing for me. It's my life. It's what I've dreamed about doing."

Related links:

YouTube: Led Zeppelin reunion 2007

Led Zeppelin on MySpace

News: Led Zeppelin: If not a reunion, at least a ride

Got news tips for Paste? E-mail news@pastemagazine.com.

I'm rather surprized that a source as venerable as Dave Lewis (or do you mean the TLB forum?) would publish that Jason said "Led Zeppelin may be recording a new album", as he hasn't actually said that. Working with members of Zeppelin, jamming on new material is what he's essentially said. And so far, Jason hasn't that I've seen (or heard) weighed in with the statement that he considers himself a "member of Led Zeppelin". He's said they ring him, he goes. No questions. Nowhere has he said it is, or he's in, Led Zeppelin.

And "creating the band’s first studio work together in more than 25 years" is also a huge leap by the writer.

No one in or around the musicians' circle has stated that they are recording, working as, or calling it Led Zeppelin.

I would be very surprised if this was passed by Dave Lewis.

All these reports have pounced on the Led Zeppelin aspect of this story but Jason never said "Led Zeppelin". More twisted words :rolleyes:

Yeah, upon reflection I realised the poster must have meant the TBL forum, rather than the publication. But yeah, these gossip mongers sure are hanging the blimp around poor Jason's neck. I can just see him saying "WTF?? I NEVER said THAT!!! Please Jimmy, don't turn me into anything unnatural!!" :lol:

Yeah, upon reflection I realised the poster must have meant the TBL forum, rather than the publication. But yeah, these gossip mongers sure are hanging the blimp around poor Jason's neck. I can just see him saying "WTF?? I NEVER said THAT!!! Please Jimmy, don't turn me into anything unnatural!!" :lol:

I have wondered if J got a right bollocking from Jimmy over this!

"That's it! no more jammin' with me young man. Now go to your room, you naughty boy" :lol:

I have wondered if J got a right bollocking from Jimmy over this!

"That's it! no more jammin' with me young man. Now go to your room, you naughty boy" :lol:

Haha! :lol:

I can dig Jimmy being miffed with him for leaking setlist stuff before the O2. A moment of indiscretion perhaps. We all ahve them. But a large portion of the Zep community knew about this months ago. It's not really a huge secret. So good on yer Jason, lad! You lucky bastard! Coolest gig in the world! Enjoy! We look forward to the results! And by all means, have yourself a ball!! :beer:

I'm rather surprized that a source as venerable as Dave Lewis (or do you mean the TLB forum?) would publish that Jason said "Led Zeppelin may be recording a new album", as he hasn't actually said that. Working with members of Zeppelin, jamming on new material is what he's essentially said. And so far, Jason hasn't that I've seen (or heard) weighed in with the statement that he considers himself a "member of Led Zeppelin". He's said they ring him, he goes. No questions. Nowhere has he said it is, or he's in, Led Zeppelin.

And "creating the band’s first studio work together in more than 25 years" is also a huge leap by the writer.

No one in or around the musicians' circle has stated that they are recording, working as, or calling it Led Zeppelin.

There is a story on the TBL website about this. It's the same info we already know, but Dave Lewis doesn't say it himself. Just that there's a lot of national coverage about the interview Jason gave to that Detroit radio sation. He provides a link to a publication called Paste Magazine. Don't know anything about them. Here's the link to the story.

http://www.pastemagazine.com/articles/2008...-new-album.html

There is a story on the TBL website about this. It's the same info we already know, but Dave Lewis doesn't say it himself. Just that there's a lot of national coverage about the interview Jason gave to that Detroit radio sation. He provides a link to a publication called Paste Magazine. Don't know anything about them. Here's the link to the story.

http://www.pastemagazine.com/articles/2008...-new-album.html

Paste Magazine has been around for a few years now. Not a rag at all.

Just wish they would hurry up and let us know whats really happening :D, or could be that they still do not know <_< even if its just a P/J/B album it still is all very exciting. Whatever happens as long as we get all or some of them recording something in some guise I will be happy.

Maybe they will do what Yes did some years back when they couldn't use the Yes name, they could do an evening of led Zeppelin Music without it being led Zeppelin...time will tell but atleast they are doing something.

Haha! :lol:

I can dig Jimmy being miffed with him for leaking setlist stuff before the O2. A moment of indiscretion perhaps. We all ahve them. But a large portion of the Zep community knew about this months ago. It's not really a huge secret. So good on yer Jason, lad! You lucky bastard! Coolest gig in the world! Enjoy! We look forward to the results! And by all means, have yourself a ball!! :beer:

I'll drink to that Ev :beer:

Just wish they would hurry up and let us know whats really happening :D, or could be that they still do not know <_< even if its just a P/J/B album it still is all very exciting. Whatever happens as long as we get all or some of them recording something in some guise I will be happy.

Maybe they will do what Yes did some years back when they couldn't use the Yes name, they could do an evening of led Zeppelin Music without it being led Zeppelin...time will tell but atleast they are doing something.

Leddy, I am sure our patience will be rewarded ten fold ;):D

Archived