Wanna hear lots of Zeppelin?

All this month (September) Bayou 95.7 -WKBU in New Orleans is playing blocks of Zeppelin every hour for the entire month. They call it "ZEP-TEMBER". They just got finished playing a block of Zep which featured Achilles Last Stand, Tangerine, The Rover and Your Time is Gonna Come. You can listen live by clicking the link below. Just go to the site and click "listen live" and your ready to go.....

http://bayou957.com/

What an origional thread lol :DB) .

Request Your Favorite Zep Songs!

http://bayou957.com/Get-The-Led-Out/2601703#SlideFrame_1

Just like you Pinky .... A Real Original ! :D

BTY, the "Block after Block of Led Zeppelin... is advertised for "All Weekend" for the Month of Zeptember.... but not each and every day, all day.... just weekends....

I tried to get a song log over at Yes.com for WKBU but nothing comes up.

Anyone else able to get a song log for WKBU from Yes.com ? ? ?

Edited by The Rover

Seems like most "classic rock" stations are doing something in tribute to the 40th anniversary. Right now Q107 in Toronto is playing Side one of Led Zeppelin 1. :)

This radio station has been doing the Zeptember for the last 2 years from what I can recall. Also, every night at around 6:45 they "get the led out" for the evening drive home which they call "three for one-nights on the bayou" . That's something they do doing the week. The weekends are dedicated to the hourly playist of Zep. Nevertheless, it's great. But this is a good rock station to listen to for other artist as well. The only complaint is that they tend to play the same songs alot, which is typical of all stations in this area, can't speak for eveywhere else.

Edited by Rock Historian

Okay...start a radio station then

I wasn't implying I could start a radio station...

Simply put, why would I listen to a radio station play Led Zeppelin, when I can play it at home with no commercials, and the exact song I want to hear at any given time? B)

I was simply commenting on a cool radio station. It's that simple.

If you would rather listen to your own reccords-do so.

Yeah, everybodys got a great collection of Zep, including me, but people still listen to radio.

(If you own a DVD does it mean you don't watch the same movie on TV?)

There's always gotta be one smart ass/ complainer in the crowd I suppose...WHY???

It's a cool radio station- regardless of your collection

There are people out there who appreciate this kind of info

ZEP LIVES (thanks for the post RH)

Edited by Equinox73

I was simply letting people know about a cool radio station. It's that simple.

If you would rather listen to your own reccords-do so.

Yeah, everybodys got a great collection of Zep, including me, but people still listen to radio.

(If you own a DVD does it mean you don't watch the same movie on TV?)

There's always gotta be one smart ass/ complainer in the crowd I suppose...WHY???

It's a cool radio station- regardless of your collection

There are people out there who appreciate this kind of info

ZEP LIVES

Ah, the major downfall of a forum - people completely mistaking each-other's tone...

No need to get upset about it, I was just posting my opinion.

P.S., I don't ever remember being a smart-ass or complaining about what you posted... feel free to point it out to me?

Ah, the major downfall of a forum - people completely mistaking each-other's tone...

No need to get upset about it, I was just posting my opinion.

P.S., I don't ever remember being a smart-ass or complaining about what you posted... feel free to point it out to me?

your convinced you can "beat this radio station" , "who needs to listen to a radio station playing Zeppelin when you can play your own songs as you wanna hear them" just sounds a little cocky to me. Don't think those comments where helpful to the thread-didn't require a comment at all- that's my point...but enjoy whatever it is you do-it's your thing

Edited by Equinox73

your convinced you can "beat this radio station" , "who needs to listen to a radio station playing Zeppelin when you can play your own songs as you wanna hear them" just sounds a little cocky to me. Don't think those comments where helpful to the thread-didn't require a comment at all- that's my point...but enjoy whatever it is you do-it's your thing

My post was presented for awareness- not to "out-do" your private collection

all in good fun bro, chill out

all in good fun bro, chill out

I'm always chilled out my friend. Just pointing out what you said- at your request....

Lets keep Zep alive whether it be through RADIO or your collection- that what this sites all about -

Edited by Equinox73

Yeah, however you intend to satisfy your need to hear Zep it's still good to have knowledge of another source that recognizes and plays Zeppelin. Hope you guys find this thread helpful. I think it's a pretty cool station, for other music too.

Edited by Rock Historian

All this month (September) Bayou 95.7 -WKBU in New Orleans is playing blocks of Zeppelin every hour for the entire month. They call it "ZEP-TEMBER". They just got finished playing a block of Zep which featured Achilles Last Stand, Tangerine, The Rover and Your Time is Gonna Come. You can listen live by clicking the link below. Just go to the site and click "listen live" and your ready to go.....

http://bayou957.com/

Thanks for the link. It's a great way to pass the time if you are around a computer. I see that this station is also a link to other sites such as "The House of Hair",

"The Undergroung Garage", etc. It's informative for new music news, tours, album releases, etc.Once you join the site you gain a chance to win "Workforce Employee" of the week. You get to pick the songs played during the lunch hour for the week. Very Cool. I like stations that get the listeners involved.

Nice post Rock!

• 2 weeks later...

YES.COM is finally showing song logs for WKBU!

I checked the log for late Friday and early Sat. morning.... But here's the glitch.... although the pull down menu for dates, says one thing, when you get the listing of the indivdiuals songs.... they are from several days before the pull down date.....

WKBU just seems to be a VERY bland, and typial Classic (Crappic) Rock Station....playing all of those over-played hits, again and again, ad nauseum.....

http://www.yes.com/#WKBU?log

An under-incredible list of WKBU's "TOP" songs . . . .

http://www.yes.com/#WKBU?chart

Edited by The Rover

Simply put, why would I listen to a radio station play Led Zeppelin, when I can play it at home with no commercials, and the exact song I want to hear at any given time? B)

I can definitely see your point. At home is a different situation for sure. But I prefer to listen to internet radio at work for the variety. Sometimes a song will play that I completely forgot about that's not on my iPod or whatever. Someone posted about 100.7 in Boston. I've been listening to that one quite a bit lately.