Led Zeppelin "40th Anniversary" Remasters in 2009

ponkine

B)

Hi all

There's been quite a lot of talk about the Led Zeppelin Remasters in 2009. Check this link

http://www.stevehoffman.tv/forums/showthre...lin+anniversary

It's said there's more than a simple rumor! :o

Now your time is gonna come :D

What would you love to find on the remasters?. A second CD full of outtakes, rarities, sessions?. 5.1 treatment? ;):banana:

Don't be shy, post all your whishes and comments here

led-zeppelin-swansong-5200101.jpg

• 10 months later...

I believe the band when they say that there are hardly any outtakes to be had. It's remarkable, but I love the albums without "alternate versions" and all that stuff tacked onto the end [*]. LZ IV has 8 songs, and that's it. I don't want to hear anything following "When The Levee Breaks"!

The obvious vote for me is for video -- more concerts, they were sonically unbelievable and visually compelling in concert. And yes, there has to be a ton of footage from all eras.

I believe the band when they say that there are hardly any outtakes to be had. It's remarkable, but I love the albums without "alternate versions" and all that stuff tacked onto the end [*]. LZ IV has 8 songs, and that's it. I don't want to hear anything following "When The Levee Breaks"!

The obvious vote for me is for video -- more concerts, they were sonically unbelievable and visually compelling in concert. And yes, there has to be a ton of footage from all eras.

I'm with you on this. Leave the original song order and number of songs on the albums alone. Just clean/enhance the sound. If there are any outtakes, etc., then release them on their own, either as a single release or bonus disc as part of a box set/collection (even though there are too many box sets/collection out there now).

If there were any outtakes to be released, then it should have been done on last year's collection release. So the fact that it wasn't, in my opinion, tells me there will be no outtake released.

http://www.stevehoffman.tv/forums/showthre...+zeppelin+works

This thread posted @ stevehoffman forums has raised a lot of great discussion.

and this page, despite being 10 years old, still serves to see what could be released in the future

http://www.oldbuckeye.com/prox/holygrail.html

Taken what it´s known or believed to exist:

1 - The Earls Court Video

(Pro-Shot Video from Earls Court Arena, London, May 24, 1975)

Well, we know the DVD featured a compilation from the Earls Court nights. At least we already have something.

2 - The Seattle Kingdome Video

(Pro-Shot Video from The Kingdome, Seattle, WA, July 17, 1977)

Nothing official has come from this

3 - The Seattle Pop Festival Soundboard

(Unmixed Soundboard Audio Recording from the Seattle International Pop Festival, Woodinville, WA, July 27, 1969)

Nothing official yet

4 - The Bath Festival Film and Audio

(Black & White 16mm Film with Soundboard (?) Audio Feed from The Bath Festival, Shepton Mallett, England, June 28, 1970)

A holy grail in here. So far, there's no video and certainly no sounboard or multitracks. Just a very very rough audience tapes have surfaced. The guys @ stevehoffman forum say multitracks exist!

5 - The Long Beach '72 Soundboard

(24-track Professional Audio Recording from the The Long Beach Arena, Long Beach, CA, June 27, 1972)

How The West Was Won

6 - The Troubadour Jam with Fairport, L.A. 1970

(Professional Multi-track Audio Recording from The Troubadour Club, Los Angeles, CA, September 4, 1970)

The legendary "Blueberry Hill" gig has been bootleged gazillion times, perhaps more bootleg releases than "Listen To This Eddie". But so far, it hasn't been officially released. And if mulitracks exist ...

7 - The Japan '71 Soundboard Tapes

(Professional Multi-track Recordings from The Seven Japanese Concerts of September, 1971)

That's a holy grail!. No doubt. I think it's safe to say that every Zep fan would donate a kidney to have something like "How The East Was Won" 3 CD + DVD set. And if all mulitracks exist, Jimmy has 5 mind-blowing nights to choose enough material to put HTWWW and TSRTS onto shame, frankly. Moreover, to date all the material we've had comes from AUDIENCE tapes. No soundboard and no multitracked stuff at all we've been given in the bootleg world.

This have the potential to be a really killer release.

8 - The Boston Tea Party Four-Hour Show, January 1969

(Complete Audience Audio Recording from The Boston Tea Party, January 26, 1969)

I don't think Jimmy would release an official AUDIENCE recording at all

9 - The Houston 1977 Video

(Pro-Shot Video from The Summit, Houston, Texas 5/21/77)

The soundboard is known to exist and it has been circulating among collectors. Now for video, it would be incredible

10 - The Bill Graham 8mm Films

(Silent 8mm Black & White Films from The Fillmore East, January/February and May 1969)

mmmm

I'd love to see the Pontiac video from the 30/4/77 come out. We all know it was filmed courtesy of pictures showing cameramen up on stage. I've heard some of this show and it's pretty killer! I really do seem to have a '77 fetish at the moment, pretty much all I've been listening to lately is '77 boots.

I suppose at least we have seattle but there is just no energy in that show at all really.

http://www.stevehoffman.tv/forums/showthre...+zeppelin+works

This thread posted @ stevehoffman forums has raised a lot of great discussion.

and this page, despite being 10 years old, still serves to see what could be released in the future

http://www.oldbuckeye.com/prox/holygrail.html

Taken what it´s known or believed to exist:

1 - The Earls Court Video

(Pro-Shot Video from Earls Court Arena, London, May 24, 1975)

Well, we know the DVD featured a compilation from the Earls Court nights. At least we already have something.

2 - The Seattle Kingdome Video

(Pro-Shot Video from The Kingdome, Seattle, WA, July 17, 1977)

Nothing official has come from this

3 - The Seattle Pop Festival Soundboard

(Unmixed Soundboard Audio Recording from the Seattle International Pop Festival, Woodinville, WA, July 27, 1969)

Nothing official yet

4 - The Bath Festival Film and Audio

(Black & White 16mm Film with Soundboard (?) Audio Feed from The Bath Festival, Shepton Mallett, England, June 28, 1970)

A holy grail in here. So far, there's no video and certainly no sounboard or multitracks. Just a very very rough audience tapes have surfaced. The guys @ stevehoffman forum say multitracks exist!

5 - The Long Beach '72 Soundboard

(24-track Professional Audio Recording from the The Long Beach Arena, Long Beach, CA, June 27, 1972)

How The West Was Won

6 - The Troubadour Jam with Fairport, L.A. 1970

(Professional Multi-track Audio Recording from The Troubadour Club, Los Angeles, CA, September 4, 1970)

The legendary "Blueberry Hill" gig has been bootleged gazillion times, perhaps more bootleg releases than "Listen To This Eddie". But so far, it hasn't been officially released. And if mulitracks exist ...

7 - The Japan '71 Soundboard Tapes

(Professional Multi-track Recordings from The Seven Japanese Concerts of September, 1971)

That's a holy grail!. No doubt. I think it's safe to say that every Zep fan would donate a kidney to have something like "How The East Was Won" 3 CD + DVD set. And if all mulitracks exist, Jimmy has 5 mind-blowing nights to choose enough material to put HTWWW and TSRTS onto shame, frankly. Moreover, to date all the material we've had comes from AUDIENCE tapes. No soundboard and no multitracked stuff at all we've been given in the bootleg world.

This have the potential to be a really killer release.

8 - The Boston Tea Party Four-Hour Show, January 1969

(Complete Audience Audio Recording from The Boston Tea Party, January 26, 1969)

I don't think Jimmy would release an official AUDIENCE recording at all

9 - The Houston 1977 Video

(Pro-Shot Video from The Summit, Houston, Texas 5/21/77)

The soundboard is known to exist and it has been circulating among collectors. Now for video, it would be incredible

10 - The Bill Graham 8mm Films

(Silent 8mm Black & White Films from The Fillmore East, January/February and May 1969)

mmmm

1971 in Japan DVD would be great! I'd buy a copy! If it was not to over priced, say a two disc DVD (one of the show and one of any out take's and/or extra's) for $50.00 - $70.00 US.

Weren't there album remasters just two years ago? I hope he doesn't just rehash the albums. I would much rather see a new live album or Blu-Ray.

as far I know the albums were remastered 15 years ago.

There's been virtually ZERO Zep activity after O2 concert and Mothership in 2007 :(

Ah. I thought the whole catalog was remastered to coincide with Mothership and the reunion. huh. The one's have have a pretty damn good (I underestimated Page as a producer. But then again, anyone who can chop up three different concerts into one album LOVE-style gets my kudos).

Archived