Your first Zep album or song?

Immigrant100

• 1 month later...

II

My Dad's apprentice put me on to Zep.

And he was right cool. Rode around on a feck off Kawasaki 750.

So I saved up my pocket money and bought it in John Menzies in the shopping centre on the Saturday.

This was in the '70's. I've worn out and had to replace it twice on vinyl and once on CD since then.

Mine was 'A Whole Lotta Love'.

Our neighbour used to babysit me and my brother and played the album on cassette when my folks were out. Must have been about 1971 or 1972 as I had just returned home from living in Singapore, and I was 10.

That incident turned me onto LZ, but never really appreciated it until a friend got Physical Graffiti when it came out.

Thereafter, LZ, Humble Pie and Deep Purple pressed all my buttons...thereafter I got into the likes of UFO. I still listen to all the same bands I was into during high school. Not many 'new' bands affected me in the same way except one called 'THE ALMIGHTY'...now there was a band that should have made it to the top...

II

My Dad's apprentice put me on to Zep.

And he was right cool. Rode around on a feck off Kawasaki 750.

So I saved up my pocket money and bought it in John Menzies in the shopping centre on the Saturday.

This was in the '70's. I've worn out and had to replace it twice on vinyl and once on CD since then.

John Menzies...there is a name I haven't heard in years!! I lived in Dunfermline, and we also had Audio Boots (!!), Muir's (met The Rezillo's there!!) and a few second hand record shops. Mostly I went to the original Virgin Shop in Edinburgh.

I first listened to zep in Easter 1995, in the home of a friend of mine who owned a lot of cds.

The song was Stairway to heaven and my life has changed forever since! (I was 18).

I bought IV afterwards, and begun to appreciate every song.

The rest is history.

Archived