Chinese Democracy,it's on again !

Ross62

I stopped caring about "Guns 'N Roses" and the prospect of Chinese Democracy years ago. The band, if you can even call it that, is a complete and utter abomination and joke at this point. The album will never ever live up to the hype of a 12 year wait from the band many thought would be the second coming of the Beatles. There's been too many leaks, stories of excuses why the album's been prolonged, and promised release dates. I'll see it to believe it, and even then I really don't think I'll give a shit at all.

I think Axl is sort of like Britney Spears. I get the impression that no matter how much they fuck up, people still want to see them do well. Although I'm one of those who think he waited WAY too long, there's a part of me that would love to see it blow away everyone's expectations and become massive. I think it will definitely be a number one album if it ever gets released, but will probably fade away pretty quickly as well.

• 2 weeks later...

The latest rumors regarding the release of Guns N’ Roses’ Chinese Democracy have been swirling around message boards this week. The first rumor is that the long-awaited album will be released exclusively through Best Buy on November 25th. The source of the multi-tiered rumors is a supposed “vendor convention” that Best Buy had on Wednesday in Dallas, Texas. Reportedly, Guns manager Andy Gould told the 900 employees the news about Chinese Democracy before previewing three songs from the album. Cellphone recordings of the event were later distributed through GNR fan forums. Gould also reportdly alerted the crowd that “If The World” would also be featured in the closing credits for the upcoming Leonardo DiCaprio/Russell Crowe film Body of Lies, which was confirmed by message boarders on movie websites (like IMDB) who happened to catch a press screening of the film yesterday. The number of witness accounts, evidence and message boards involved makes it hard to believe this is all just a hoax, but this is Axl Rose we’re talking about, so we’ll believe it when the press release reaches our inbox. Still, we’re cautiously looking forward to Chinese Democracy and free Dr. Pepper on November 25th.

http://www.rollingstone.com/rockdaily/inde...-buy-exclusive/

Archived