Oh CANADA!

ZoSoDragon

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

SAM THE RECORD MAN SNIDERMAN has passed away..

Sam ran a chain of record shops..the most noted one was the flagship store on Yonge St in Toronto..He promoted Canadian artists by having their records at the front of the store. Sam was awarded The ORDER OF CANADA

Sam had a store in London Ontario at the corner of Richmond and Dundas...I'm sure I bought at least one Led Zeppelin record from that store..it was a big store in the heart of London...one of my favourite places...

MAY THIS GREAT CANADIAN REST IN PEACE..

Juliet :(

Edited by Juliet

If I get a passport do you think those high and mighty border pricks will let me into the country? I mean, I have no record here. Have a pistol permit even. But somehow the Canadiens have a record of a DWI I got in 1981. After 10 years here its off your record forever and like you never got it. If they ever give me trouble again I will not care to go back. I can go to Cal or Fl where its alot warmer. What are the chances it woudl show up on a passport check? I am not going to go through their fucking rehabilitaion shit. i do not drink daily and they can stick it.

If I get a passport do you think those high and mighty border pricks will let me into the country? I mean, I have no record here. Have a pistol permit even. But somehow the Canadiens have a record of a DWI I got in 1981. After 10 years here its off your record forever and like you never got it. If they ever give me trouble again I will not care to go back. I can go to Cal or Fl where its alot warmer. What are the chances it woudl show up on a passport check? I am not going to go through their fucking rehabilitaion shit. i do not drink daily and they can stick it.

One thing for sure Rick. without a passport or an enhanced drivers licence, you've got about as much chance of driving across the Canadian border as I do the American.... nil. It's just the way it is

Edited by ally

One thing for sure Rick. without a passport or an enhanced drivers licence, you've got about as much chance of driving across the Canadian border as I do the American.... nil. It's just the way it is

I can understan that. But to hold something against you that you did 30 years ago and is off your record legally is pure bullshit. I will probably just get a passport because then I have more options. Maybe Ill fly into Vancouver and if they let me off the plane the drinks are on me..

I can understan that. But to hold something against you that you did 30 years ago and is off your record legally is pure bullshit. I will probably just get a passport because then I have more options. Maybe Ill fly into Vancouver and if they let me off the plane the drinks are on me..

I'd like to have those drinks so whatever you do, don't tell them that you know me :P:lol:

Vote early and often!

Men of the year:

Ally

Strider

(write in)(ebk,Super Dave,SAJ)

Broads,er,Women of the year:

Deb J

Maddy

(write in)Led Zep Girl)

:D

ebk might have something to say about her catagory :lol:

I travel all of the time and not because I live in the Dominion, but I prefer living in Canada, over other places for a couple of reasons:

(1) We are not crowded like England is

(2) Although I love America, people in America seem shy when it comes to social interaction with strangers.

We seem to have the best of England and America but with our own spin on things. I do love Northern New England and Arizona because of the open space, but Canada is just a cool place to be.

I travel all of the time and not because I live in the Dominion, but I prefer living in Canada, over other places for a couple of reasons:

We seem to have the best of England and America but with our own spin on things.

True dat ! While I'm at it, Happy Thanksgiving to all of our fellow Canadian forum members. Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend and has the sense to stay off the roads if you've had a drink. Be safe and smart out there :beer:

Edited by ally

(1) We are not crowded like England is

Weird really I never think of England as crowded. I would consider India as crowded. All cities are crowded but we have The original National Park in the world - The Peak District of which I am a citizen. Then further up towards Scotland is The Lake District. I am always amazed when flying back into my home City - Manchester, how much is actual countryside. But having said that I can see Canada as being a total wilderness, which I want to see one day. I assume CJW you have actually lived in England?

Edited by chillumpuffer

Never lived, but been to England and do love the place, it's the motherland afterall. Think of it this way:

England

130,410 square kilometres

Population 53,000,000

Province of Nova Scotia

55,000 square kilometres

Population 921,000 people

When you live the city of Halifax for example, you can leave the city and have miles and miles of geographical beauty without bumping into people every 15 minutes. India is a shithole, sorry to anyone who lives there, but it's a dump. You will find that like Nova Scotia, same thing applies in Newfoundland, New Brunwick, and Prince Edward Island. Northern New England is great as well, I love Maine, New Hampshire, and Vermont.