Songwriting and Lyrics

zoso13zeppelin

Weird way to come back after three months or so, I know.

This is a good thread for posting your songs, lyrics and such, and discussion…

So, this song was written by my friend, who happens to also be a member here (Cigaro) and he wanted to know what you all thought of it, here goes…

Devilution-

GO!

Revolution is near

We need a leader

Who won’t bring us fear

As they fight we watch them die

Our loved ones gone

With smoke in the sky

Our forests depleted

Fossil fuels bled

The water lines receded

Our soldiers dead

DILUTION

Watch it fall apart

DEVILUTION

As it starts to end

INCEPTION

It was over before the start

DECEPTION

We are all fed lies

POLLUTION

See the blackened skies

DEVILUTION

Here he comes again

REVOLUTION

It will begin

WE WON’T LET THIS HAPPEN AGAIN (DEVILUTION)

REMEMBER THE LAST PRESIDENT (DECEPTION)

WE WON”T LET THIS EVIL BEGIN (INCEPTION)

YOU WON”T DESTROY OUR EARTH (DESECRATION)

DEVOLUTION!

Weird way to come back after three months or so, I know.

This is a good thread for posting your songs, lyrics and such, and discussion…

So, this song was written by my friend, who happens to also be a member here (Cigaro) and he wanted to know what you all thought of it, here goes…

Devilution-

GO!

Revolution is near

We need a leader

Who won’t bring us fear

As they fight we watch them die

Our loved ones gone

With smoke in the sky

Our forests depleted

Fossil fuels bled

The water lines receded

Our soldiers dead

DILUTION

Watch it fall apart

DEVILUTION

As it starts to end

INCEPTION

It was over before the start

DECEPTION

We are all fed lies

POLLUTION

See the blackened skies

DEVILUTION

Here he comes again

REVOLUTION

It will begin

WE WON’T LET THIS HAPPEN AGAIN (DEVILUTION)

REMEMBER THE LAST PRESIDENT (DECEPTION)

WE WON”T LET THIS EVIL BEGIN (INCEPTION)

YOU WON”T DESTROY OUR EARTH (DESECRATION)

DEVOLUTION!

a very strong subject, one needs to hold down to a table while facing it, lol.

good lyrics, though I personally don't like mixing music with politics- or if you must somehow more subtly. I hope youv'e got one helluva mega riff to stand along with it. good chorus.

perhaps more verses are in need? it seems short? are there?

oh and I do think this thread needs some kind of a copyright issue raised to protect these lyrics.

I see. So what exactly makes a band underground?

well, album sales, not playing pop etc. ( I know that most of the bands I've mentioned are pretty popular....)

hi guys, nice lyrics!

there is already a lyrics thread in ramble on...........its a few pages back now, though. i might post another one to bump it up.

Thanks!

That's all Greek to me.

I'm only 15, but I have now idea whatsoever of any of those bands. I'm assuming that those are popular bands though.

Hey it's nice to see another 15 year old who's taste in music doesn't suck B) , but yes they are pretty popular although they kinda have no talent and can't write worth half for crap. And in regards to the song lyrics how about instead of making a song where your bitching about the problem of politics you write something about how it can be fixed rather than make everyone feel bad about their country and everyone in it, you should look up Bob Marley now there's a guy who knew how to write a good statement (especially a political one). I'll put it this way, if you ever release an album chances I won't be buying it.

So if the bands album sales aren't all that great it's considered underground?

Yeah, it also is kind of based on popularity as well, such as a group that listens to it. It also generally means that this band should be avoided, Iz don't listen to the bands this guy mentioned for the love of god.

Now Pinky, don't be so quick to judge. Everyone has a right to listen to whatever music they chose. Whether it be that Barbie doll like Miley Cirus (I don't know if they is spelled right.) or music like Zep. Music a personal thing.

Okay, I'll contribute a little…

Um… pinky… (lol I hate calling people by the damn account names) I used to be really selective about my music and I thought metal was crap that took no talent whatsoever. I was really into blues and classic rock and psychedelic stuff (and still am) and then I joined this band thingo and realized that my view on metal was totally wrong. Firstly, I could hardly play any of the stuff and it was easy compared to lots of other metal. I felt stupid. And secondly, you've really gotta be skilled to play that stuff, no kidding. It's hard shit, man.

Of course, that's not to say I like all metal… I'm really not sure anyone does haha.

Aaaaand everybody writes songs that bitch about something or another. Just in completely different ways. Same thing, different styles. Revolution by teh Beatles could be considered bitching.

Actually Zep didn't bitch alot. Lol. But you know…

Listen to Eat Starch Mom by Jefferson Airplane. It's an odd way of bitching about food preservatives… and such. Lol.

But, to each his own, I suppose…

Vannis is right. Although I don't care for new music, I gave it a go. People complain in music in a lot of different ways. Another JA song is Greasy Heart. A lot of songs by JA that make points like that were written by Grace Slick. Who happens to be a highly intellegent woman that expresses her views in the world through song.

Quite honestly, I wouldn't worry if you offeneded him. It's music, there is no set way to listen to it, or how it should be written. Except for people who think rap is music, because in order for something to be music a melody is required, and rap has no melody. But that's another story. I listen to bands and artists that complain about life, governement, love and whatever else you can think of. Janis did it, Jefferson Airplane certainly did it, The Beatles did it, Zep even did it in their own way. The Doors did it, and people in general do it.

Archived