Leno Lays an Egg -- Shocked Leno staffers fired as strike drags on

The Rover

"Some people were crying. Some people were screaming," said one employee speaking on condition of anonymity.

NBC declined comment on the firings beyond a brief statement that it had "regretfully informed the people who work on 'The Tonight Show With Jay Leno' and 'Late Night With Conan O'Brien' that their services are not needed at this time due to our inability to continue production of the shows."

What did they think was going to happen after the silly writers union shut everything down for weeks now?

I work in this industry and lot's of people are getting hurt because the writers (and those unions supporting them) believe that they are entitled to something more than just a paycheck for the work they do.

I hope the studios don't budge one inch on this and break this town of these unions once and for all.

union-cat-is-on-a-break.jpg

Lolcats are awesome....

anyway, I wonder if they aren't just being greedy. I mean, how much money are the networks actually making off of online content? I mean, seriously.

Networks and Studios put up millions of dollars on many shows that either don't get aired, or don't last either. Their profits are always reduced by the tremendous overhead.

I don't believe the writers ever thought of giving back some of their earnings for shows that turned out to be crap did they?

Sure they are being greedy. Greedy and infantile.

BREAK UP THE UNIONS!

Networks and Studios put up millions of dollars on many shows that either don't get aired, or don't last either. Their profits are always reduced by the tremendous overhead.

That's because the people at the top no longer put any effort into something that could blossom into a good show. They toss a few million at something they think will sell, regardless on how original or well-written it is. Prime TV is done. Thank you everyone who was bit by the reality bug.