Do You Think That The Mothership Was A Good Idea?

Jimmy's A Legend

Can't see why not. That said, I'll admit that one of the things I used to like about the band back in the day was the absence of Best of type of albums, but I think Mothership can be seen as a good replacement for the earlier released Early Days and Latter Days - and I guess it forms a kind of introduction to the band's entire career. The selection could have been better in places if you ask me, but of course there would always have been space for different opinions on that. For example I don't think "D'yer Maker" deserves to be there, when "In the Light" and many others aren't. Also would have appreciated more acoustic material, which I've always liked a lot.

No. Because i have bought (the version with the DVD) something i have no need for........I got it cheap in a sale...Still not played either CD or the DVD... Whats the point i already had everything...completeism i suppose.

The only point to Mothership and Remasters is to introduce new fans to the Led Zeppelin legacy.

Some may just leave it at that and be happy with *a best of* collection...

...but most will probably go out and buy every Zeppelin recorded artefact they can get their hands on.

caroselambra+

to be honest i was a bit weary about them releasing mothership but there was a good reason.. obviously their gig was coming up and they needed more promotion and money towards it!! i did buy it but i have all the song anyway as im sure every Zep fan does!! i kinda felt that if i dont have it, i cant complete my collection of their work!

i think it was a good idea for new or younger listeners who are getting into them (and want to get some of their best stuff all in one place; as well as a dvd on the special edition version).

R B)

The entire catalog is one big "best of".

true.... very true... :)

(for those of us who are educated about them, but for those younger newbies, they might want training wheels (and get The Mothership) first. :D

R B)

Archived