Hey Joe (Band of Joy?)

nki

You know, I never even heard one song by that band?

Not one.

Meaning Strange Sensation or whatever they call themselves, nor the Band of Joy come to speak of it. After your desciption, I just might keep it that way.

Band Of Joy were a direct link to Zep, and very enjoyable! Do NOT pass up an opportnity to hear those few songs they gave us.

And I said the SS version of Hey Joe was a "train wreck". Not ALL of the songs! Both SS albums are well worth having. :)

Open your mind, and your ears! B)

You know, I never even heard one song by that band?

Not one.

Meaning Strange Sensation or whatever they call themselves, nor the Band of Joy come to speak of it. After your desciption, I just might keep it that way.

In 1966 Robert was in a group called Listen when he attracted the attention of CBS Records. They released one record but recorded two. You Better Run was released.

In 1967 the group broke up and Robert Plant joined the Band Of Joy.

His first recording contract was to make three singles for CBS. This is one of the three

I've Got a Secret

In 1966 Robert was in a group called Listen when he attracted the attention of CBS Records. They released one record but recorded two. You Better Run was released.

In 1967 the group broke up and Robert Plant joined the Band Of Joy.

His first recording contract was to make three singles for CBS. This is one of the three

I've Got a Secret

I prefer my 1967 recording.

Band Of Joy, 1967. Available on Robert's "66 To Timbuktu", and was a bootleg favorite for years....

I'm with you as well on this one. Not one of the highlights from Dreamland. So what's the vote tally so far? For? Against?

Archived