Hey Joe (Band of Joy?)

nki

Is this a cover by The Band of Joy? It doesn't sound like Led Zeppelin, but you can hear that it's Robert singing and Bonzo drumming. I'm sure it's been already covered here at some point, so hopefully someone can tell me if it is the Band of Joy or someone else performing this.

Is this a cover by The Band of Joy? It doesn't sound like Led Zeppelin, but you can hear that it's Robert singing and Bonzo drumming. I'm sure it's been already covered here at some point, so hopefully someone can tell me if it is the Band of Joy or someone else performing this.

I think its Band Of Joy.

I think the Strange Sensation version of Hey Joe comes across much better live than on the studio version, which isn't to say I don't think it's great but the energy and mood they create performing it on stage is pretty spectacular.

Try to find the Austin City Limits Episode they did...phenomenal!

At least I'm not alone! :D

I just LOVE that classic take. Robert's wailing like a madman, Bonzo is just KILLING the drums! :D

Oh yeah...Kevyn is pretty damn good on the guitar too.

I totally agree it's much better than the SS version...Robert's vocal performance is absolutely amazing and John's drumming is so powerfull... as you said CLASSIC take (one of my favorites).

I'll be honest and say I love Robert's voice in the way it sounded in the 60's more than the way it sounded in 2005 (he still has amazing voice today but back then he had a different style of singing and his voice was more powerfull because he was very young...)

I totally agree it's much better than the SS version...Robert's vocal performance is absolutely amazing and John's drumming is so powerfull... as you said CLASSIC take (one of my favorites).

I'll be honest and say I love Robert's voice in the way it sounded in the 60's more than the way it sounded in 2005 (he still has amazing voice today but back then he had a different style of singing and his voice was more powerfull because he was very young...)

The live SS version is dreadful.

Robert should have just written a new song since nothing from the melody line existed anymore. The band's doing one thing and he's doing another. He should've just changed the lyrics instead of butchering a classic. So much for interpretation. HENDRIX RULES.

Robert should have just written a new song since nothing from the melody line existed anymore. The band's doing one thing and he's doing another. He should've just changed the lyrics instead of butchering a classic. So much for interpretation. HENDRIX RULES.

Robert wasn't interested in just rehashing the song as Hendrix did. I would say that he gives MORE meaning to the lyrics than the Hendrix version which highlights the guitar more than the vocals.

Hendrix didn't write the song, you know. (Which melody line are you talking about?) His version is in some ways even more different from some of the classic versions than Plant's.

(Dammit, I posted right after you again, nine! :angry: Well, this post stays.)

Me too. BY FAR.

The SS version is a bloody train wreck.

You know, I never even heard one song by that band?

Not one.

Meaning Strange Sensation or whatever they call themselves, nor the Band of Joy come to speak of it. After your desciption, I just might keep it that way.

You know, I never even heard one song by that band?

Not one.

Meaning Strange Sensation or whatever they call themselves, nor the Band of Joy come to speak of it. After your desciption, I just might keep it that way.

I wouldn't write them off either. They made some fantastic music, including their take on Hey Joe. Why not judge for yourself and listen to some stuff before dismissing it because someone else doesn't like it.

I wouldn't write them off either. They made some fantastic music, including their take on Hey Joe. Why not judge for yourself and listen to some stuff before dismissing it because someone else doesn't like it.

It's not that. The reasoning is beyond that.

Archived