surprising facts

caroselambra~

Not surprising fact # 1

Lame threads continually being made.

Maybe the next time a lame thread is made, you should take your mild frustration offline and do something else.

Here's a fact for you: Hair and facial hair grows thicker in the winter. :P

in the last two days i have received numerous attacks aimed at me through threads i have made.

the damning posts have all been removed thanks to sam.

these attacks are not based on differences of opinion, they are just vents of, all i can describe as, hatred towards me.

i have made a resolution to ignore all deliberately *nasty* replies from now on.

hopefully the few members who do this will crawl back under the stone they came from. :soapbox:

anway surprising fact no 5654

it always takes less time to fly from new york to london (by jet) than it does to fly from london to new york

the reason being the prevailing wind for that part of the earth is always west to east

:flying:

does anyone know why honey bees die when they sting

seems like a pretty bad defence mechanism to me

apparently when they sting, the barbed bit sticks into the skin so hard it pulls some of the bee's abdomen out when it tries to fly off

the bee cannot survive the damage and dies shortly after

like i said a crazy defence system!!

:slapface:

this is a new thread based on surprising facts

for example did you know the average lifespan of a queen ant is 14-17 years.

and the lifespan of a mayfly may be as little as 30 mins but no longer than 24 hours

anyone got any other surprising facts they'd like to share?

A few weeks ago there was a praying mantis on the front steps and i moved it with a stick back to the ground, so i wouldnt step on it. it came back to the step again, it was cold so i think it was wanting to stay in the sun. it was then on the upside of the step, so me or my dog wouldnt step on it. i saw it there for another three days....i think it was cold stunned, cause when i had i moved it with the stick it was so slow moving.

A few weeks ago there was a praying mantis on the front steps and i moved it with a stick back to the ground, so i wouldnt step on it. it came back to the step again, it was cold so i think it was wanting to stay in the sun. it was then on the upside of the step, so me or my dog wouldnt step on it. i saw it there for another three days....i think it was cold stunned, cause when i had i moved it with the stick it was so slow moving.

I love stepping on those things and killing them.

Archived