Vinyl or CD

ledzep45

Vinyl or CD  

34 members have voted

1. 1. Vinyl or CD

• Vinyl
    • CD

I know. I just can't afford one at this time. I'm keeping the lp's though.

:)

Need to invest in a new turntable myself as I still have my old vinyl and continue to acquire both new and used records. Keep an eye on craigslist, always lots to choose from there.

Need to invest in a new turntable myself as I still have my old vinyl and continue to acquire both new and used records. Keep an eye on craigslist, always lots to choose from there.

Now I miss my old stereo system. :(

Now I miss my old stereo system. :(

Believe it or not, I've only owned a couple of receivers in my lifetime. One was one of those old console stereos from Sears, the other was an Aiwa that was handed down to me from an older brother. It still works but it's definitely time for an upgrade. I have a CD player and dual cassette deck that are still in good condition. I never got to use them much considering I used to live in hurricane country (the coast of North Carolina) and they've been in storage since Hurricane Floyd in 1999. A friend was kind enough to gift me with a set of speakers so I just need to invest in a new receiver and a turntable. Still on the fence on whether to go the USB route or not but I'm thinking so, that way I can transfer some of my old records to iTunes. I have never tried to rebuild my vinyl collection on compact disc but as the years have gone by, I have accumulated a great deal of the same music.

Believe it or not, I've only owned a couple of receivers in my lifetime. One was one of those old console stereos from Sears, the other was an Aiwa that was handed down to me from an older brother. It still works but it's definitely time for an upgrade. I have a CD player and dual cassette deck that are still in good condition. I never got to use them much considering I used to live in hurricane country (the coast of North Carolina) and they've been in storage since Hurricane Floyd in 1999. A friend was kind enough to gift me with a set of speakers so I just need to invest in a new receiver and a turntable. Still on the fence on whether to go the USB route or not but I'm thinking so, that way I can transfer some of my old records to iTunes. I have never tried to rebuild my vinyl collection on compact disc but as the years have gone by, I have accumulated a great deal of the same music.

My last stereo system was a Fisher that had 100 watts of power. That was in the early 80's. I sold it and bought a piece of crap Harley that needed a complete rebuild. Man, what a money pit that turned out to be. But it was actually the best bike of the 3 I've owned but all were money pits. Me and motorcycles just never mixed. :blink:

I have a question about turntables. My 35 year old Dual is finally dying a slow death and it's time to buy a new one. Are USB type turntables any good at all, fidelity wise I mean. I assume they come pre-fitted with their own stylus? Or are they just a convenience for ripping old vinyl to mp3 or wav? I'd much rather buy another regular turntable and chances are I will but USB turntables fascinate me.

Thanks

Vinyl for me. I own quite a bit of both Vinyl and CD's. CD's are great for the car and I do listen to them at home a lot as well, especially lately as my turntable is no longer working and I will be looking for a new one.

To me, there is nothing like a great sound system with a great vinyl playing :stereo:

cD of course!!!!!!! Now honestly.....how can anyone go bACk to the cave when they've seen THE LIGHT!!!???!!!???....AND i GREW up in the age of LPS and EPS:)

I was born in 1982, so by the time I was buying music for myself, it was all CDs. However I much prefer vinyl to CDs and don't consider listening to vinyl, going back to a cave or anything else like that.

Wow, some one brought this one back from the dead! The last component stereo I had was... or I still have the tuner. Its one of those big ass Kenwood job's from the early 1980's. It's sitting in the basement in a plastic bag. I used it when my band played out, patched it into the PA mixer in between set's and before we started.

I myself like digital audio made from the early 1990's and newer. The only records I have now are a bunch of old 45's and some super old 78's, some in good shape, some are trash.

Archived