THE THREE DOG NIGHT THREAD

ZeppFanForever

I've found that the trick is not using the obvious keywords or you're going to get far too many results, you have to think of something that would be unique to the thread you're looking for. For instance, if you want to find threads about the Who if you just use "The Who" that is going to get you nowhere, it's best to narrow it down to a band member, a producer or album title; like someone besides Daltrey or Townshend such as Entwistle. In the case of the Beatles I recommend using "Epstein" (as in Brian Epstein). Otherwise you're going to get far too many results if you just use "The Beatles" or one of the band members' names. In the case of Three Dog Night I would probably use something like "Negron" (as in Three Dog Night member Chuck Negron). In fact, I tried it just now and I got only one result, this thread. By the way, please don't take this as me trying to talk down to you or as me being a smartass, I'm honestly just trying to help you by offering advice that has worked for me in the past.

Thanks for the advice....I will use that for future searches. I did just use Three Dog Night and got everything but this thread.

I didn't take this as being a smartass......not in this case anyway. :rolleyes:

How's it going "JethroTull?" Good to hear from you. I read one of your posts that indicated that you are an authority on 1970's music, I am looking forward to conversing with you more on this subject in the near future. In the mean time, ROCK ON!

Man, I used to love this guy's postings - just like Road to Shambala!

They were an awful group that never even wrote their own music.

My decision to buy tickets or not won't be based on whether they wrote their own music. They delivered the music in a way I totally enjoyed back in the early 70's. BTW, some of the songwriting was done by some then young songwriters (Randy Newman, Paul Williams, John Hiatt, Harry Nilsson and others) and those writers aren't bad to have as support.

Joy to the World was my Mom and Step Dads (rest his soul) favorite song. When they became truck drivers, they named the truck Jerimiah. Their trucker handles were Bull Frog and Lily Pad. And referred to me as Poly wog. Get it?

Well that just made up my mind. Tuesday on my lunch break I'm taking a trip down to the box office.

BTW, Jimmie Ray, I miss ZFF post's and upbeat attitude too.

Edited by ledzepfvr

^^^

Howdy Ledzepfvr! I haven't seen Three Dog Night in years...not since the 70s. Therefore I cannot vouch for their current status as a viable concert act.

But I do see Chuck Negron from time to time, and can vouch that he's a very friendly and fun fellow to chat with. I hope you enjoy the show and do let us know how it went.

BTW, I think jimmie ray was referring to Jethro Tull's posts. I'm still waiting on Jethro Tull to answer my Jethro Tull question.

^ Nope - it was ZeppFanForever. He did have a cookie-cutter response to everyone who would engage with him: "How's it going (insert member name here), some related trivia that we all knew, but was so enthusiastically stated, I'm going to meet (insert celebrity name here) at the bar, will be back to chat more later, ROCK ON!!!" It really pissed some people off, but you have to admire the tenacity.

Jethro Tull called my favorite local team "The Gay Loser Giants", the same season that they would much later beat the undefeated Patriots. I can't get enough of that, either.

Joy to the World was my Mom and Step Dads (rest his soul) favorite song. When they became truck drivers, they named the truck Jerimiah. Their trucker handles were Bull Frog and Lily Pad. And referred to me as Poly wog. Get it?

Well that just made up my mind. Tuesday on my lunch break I'm taking a trip down to the box office.

Good story. Please post if you got your tickets. I enjoy some of their music too.

• 1 month later...

The day finally came last night and I would recommend it. The demographics of the audience were pretty much in my age group, but I did see a couple of young-uns attend with a parent.

It was a show that I enjoyed, and inspite of the hubby's grumbling before going he did enjoy the show too. They sang all their hits of course ending with Joy to the World, which they really could of just let the audience sing as everyone was standing and singing along quite happily. And a couple of recent ones ,a rocking Heart of Blues and a great a-cappella, Prayer for the Children. Cory Wells still has a great voice and I am sure Danny Hutton does too, but was fighting off a cold. He made it through the show just fine though. They were pretty entertaining outside of the singing too, talking about their history, owing their start to Dick Clark, and did a funny rendition of Mama Told me not to Come rapper style.

The day finally came last night and I would recommend it. The demographics of the audience were pretty much in my age group, but I did see a couple of young-uns attend with a parent.

It was a show that I enjoyed, and inspite of the hubby's grumbling before going he did enjoy the show too. They sang all their hits of course ending with Joy to the World, which they really could of just let the audience sing as everyone was standing and singing along quite happily. And a couple of recent ones ,a rocking Heart of Blues and a great a-cappella, Prayer for the Children. Cory Wells still has a great voice and I am sure Danny Hutton does too, but was fighting off a cold. He made it through the show just fine though. They were pretty entertaining outside of the singing too, talking about their history, owing their start to Dick Clark, and did a funny rendition of Mama Told me not to Come rapper style.

Thanks for the post...glad you had a good time. Hopefully there'll soon be some clips on YouTube of the Riverside show.

Edited by Strider