THE THREE DOG NIGHT THREAD

ZeppFanForever

Merry Christmas everyone! I hope that everyone's Christmas was a Happy and Jolly one. I would like to dedicate this thread to an old friend of mine named Danny Hutton of THREE DOG NIGHT. I hope this thread does you justice Danny.

THREE DOG NIGHT will forever go down in Rock n' Roll history and be remembered for accomplishing more as a band during the years between 1969 to 1974 than any band in Rock n' Roll history. (Not including ELVIS and THE BEATLES.) Between the years of 1969 to 1974, THREE DOG NIGHT would garnish 21 CONSECUTIVE Top 40 Hits, 3 number ones, 11 Top 10 Hits, 18 straight Top 20's, 7 million-selling singles and 12 straight RIAA Certified Gold Albums. No other group has ever moved more records, sold more concert tickets or achieved more Top 10 hits during the 1969 to 1974 period. As of 2008, THREE DOG NIGHT continues to top the lists of artists with the best Billboard Top 100 chart average, a record that still stands today. As for their unique music, their destintive style and blend of music will stand to time indefinite and will never be forgotten as long as music still exists.

The humble beginnings of THREE DOG NIGHT can be traced all the way back to Los Angeles in 1968 when the band was originally called REDWOOD. The original founding members of REDWOOD, and later THREE DOG NIGHT, is my old friend Danny Hutton (Lead Vocals), Cory Wells (Lead Vocals) and Chuck Negron (Lead Vocals). My other good personal friend Mr. Brian Wilson, founder of THE BEACH BOYS discovered REDWOOD and even wanted to sign the band to THE BEACH BOYS' own Brother Records label. However, THE BEACH BOYS' Lead Singer Mike Love was against the idea and vetoed the idea. Despite the fatal decision, a great friendship was formed between Danny Hutton and Brian Wilson, a friendship that has lasted to this very day. Despite that fatal decision, REDWOOD would change their name to THREE DOG NIGHT and move on to becoming one of the most successful bands to come out of the late 1960's and 1970's. Their list of 21 CONSECUTIVE Top 40 hit songs is legendary and is as follows:

Mama Told Me (#1)

Joy To The World (#1)

Black And White (#1)

Shambala (#3)

Easy To Be Hard (#4)

An Old Fashioned Love Song (#4)

The Show Must Go On (#4)

One (#5)

Never Been To Spain (#5)

Liar (#7)

Eli's Coming (#10)

The Family Of Man (#12)

Celebrate (#15)

Out In The Country (#15)

Sure As I'm Sittin' Here (#16)

Let Me Serenade You (#17)

One Man Band (#19)

Pieces Of April (#19)

Try A little Tenderness (#29)

Til The World Ends (#32)

Play Something Sweet (Brickyard Blues) (#33)

As for THREE DOG NIGHT today, in 2008, the band's hectic schedule continues to be busy by touring the country and the rest of the world. With the departure of founding member Chuck Negron, the band's new line-up consists of founding members Danny Hutton and Cory Wells on Lead Vocals, original THREE DOG NIGHT Keyboardist Jimmy Greenspoon, Guitarist Michael Allsup, Bassist and Backing Vocals Paul Kingery and Drummer Pat Bautz. I do hope that someday Chuck Negron resolves his differences with Danny Hutton and Cory Wells and performs on stage once again even if it is for one last time. Now that would be great huh? ROCK ON!

Doesn't the story of their name derive from an Australian saying about a cold night? It was a 3 Dog Night? (all them dogs wrapped around some cold dude Out in the Country? :lol: )

You forgot the rest of the song,

Mama told me

not to come.

She obviously knew how to try and prevent a pregnancy.

I forgot they did "Old Fashioned Love Song" which I used to love. Beyond that and "Joy to the World", I really don't know too much else. But I like those two songs!

Merry Christmas "ninelives?" "Old Fashioned Love Song" and "Joy To The World" are two great THREE DOG NIGHT songs. ROCK ON!

I would also like to deeply apologize to everyone for accidently posting two of the same THREE DOG NIGHT threads. I have tried to contact sam_webmaster but his inbox is full and is not accepting anymore e-mails. If any of you can contact sam_webmaster and let him know about my situation, it would be deeply appreciated. Thanks and ROCK ON!

Doesn't the story of their name derive from an Australian saying about a cold night? It was a 3 Dog Night? (all them dogs wrapped around some cold dude Out in the Country? :lol: )

You forgot the rest of the song,

Mama told me

not to come.

She obviously knew how to try and prevent a pregnancy.

Merry Christmas "gadgetguru!" EXACTLY, you know your THREE DOG NIGHT history well. ROCK ON!

Merry Christmas "ninelives?" "Old Fashioned Love Song" and "Joy To The World" are two great THREE DOG NIGHT songs. ROCK ON!

I would also like to deeply apologize to everyone for accidently posting two of the same THREE DOG NIGHT threads. I have tried to contact sam_webmaster but his inbox is full and is not accepting anymore e-mails. If any of you can contact sam_webmaster and let him know about my situation, it would be deeply appreciated. Thanks and ROCK ON!

Try sending it to one of the moderators. They should be able to delete the duplicate thread :)

Try sending it to one of the moderators. They should be able to delete the duplicate thread :)

How's it going "ninelives?" Thanks for the info, I have notified someone and am anticipating that the problem will be resolved shortly. I hope that everyone enjoys reading my thread. Sorry again everyone. ROCK ON!

Best album to me is "It Ain't Easy"

CV6136.jpg

Woman (4:40) Cowboy (3:42) It Ain't Easy (2:46) Out In The Country (3:08) Good Feeling (3:46)

Side 2: Rock & Roll Widow (2:56) Mama Told Me (Not To Come) (3:19) Your Song (4:01) Good Time Living (4:06)

OH "gadgetguru," now you're really talking! I love the "IT AIN'T EASY" album. I'll have to let Danny Hutton know personally about all of the THREE DOG NIGHT fans here on the LED ZEPPELIN Forum. I know that he will be pleased about it.

I loooooove Three Dog Night. One of the first concerts I ever went to at the Cap Center. Had great floor seats and had a wonderful time!!! I had a huge crush on Danny. Feel free to let him know that... :)

OH "gadgetguru," now you're really talking! I love the "IT AIN'T EASY" album. I'll have to let Danny Hutton know personally about all of the THREE DOG NIGHT fans here on the LED ZEPPELIN Forum. I know that he will be pleased about it.

See if he has any memories of when 3 Dog Night had Chicago Transit Authority as their backup band. I'm sure 3 DN's guitarist, what was it, Jimmy Greenspoon? thought alot of Terry Kath. :D

I loooooove Three Dog Night. One of the first concerts I ever went to at the Cap Center. Had great floor seats and had a wonderful time!!! I had a huge crush on Danny. Feel free to let him know that... :)

Merry Xmas "ebk!" I promise that I will let Danny know for you. ROCK ON!

Oh shit, sorry, I remembered wrong.

Jimmy played keyboards, it was Michael Allsup on guitar...

I definately remember Floyd something on drums though.

Its amazing how we go down memory lane and remember a great band huh? THREE DOG NIGHT DID strike a nerve in Rock n' Roll history and continues to be felt today. You're remembering well "gadgetguru," ROCK ON!

I saw Three Dog Night in 1972 when they headlined with The Guess Who at The Hordern Pavillion in Sydney.

One of my alltime favourite concerts.

How's it going "Reggie29?" Lucky you, you got to see THREE DOG NIGHT in Sydney. 1972 was a great year for THREE DOG NIGHT. ROCK ON!

Good ZFF and you.

'72 was a good year allround.

Feb. LZ

Nov. 3DN - TGW

Dec. TRex

How's it going "Reggie29" as well as our fellow die hard hard core ZEPPELIN and THREE DOG NIGHT fans? I'm doing great, thanks for asking. I'm even doing better since I have today (Friday) off. It looks to me like 1972 was a great year all around for you indeed. Keep on Rockin'. ROCK ON!

l always loved TDN since I bought Mama Told Told Me Not To Come on 45.

On a side note The late Hoyt Axton wrote Joy To The World and Never Been To Spain.

He struggled with drug addiction and wrote the Steppenwolf classics, The Pusher and Snowblind Friend as well as Ringo Starr`s No No Song

My favorites (et al) are

Out In The Country

Celebrate

Shambala

New Been To Spain

Family Of Man

One Man Band

An Old Fashion Love Song

Can do without

Pieces Of April

The Show Must Go On

Liar