Children of Rock Stars

JethroTull

Recently I found myself performing Google image searches of Sean Lennon. He's a tad fat and bloated these days. It got me thinking about what his life must be like.

Sean-Lennon-Standing.jpg

Ian Anderson has a son named James. Over the last five or so years James has begun filling in on drums for various Tull/Anderson solo efforts. He goes by the name of James Duncan to avoid the Anderson association. Duncan must be his middle name.

Crosby Loggins, son of Kenny Loggins, is actually in my opinion a pretty good artist. Before he did Rock The Cradle on MTV, he was his own artist doing his own thing, and just did it for the hell of it. He's actually quite good. Definitely hasn't been the type to use his dad. I'm not sure if it's now the case, but I do know his first album was out on Joe Bonamassa's label, J&R Adventures.

www.crosbyloggins.com

Quite a few spring to mind:

Jurgen Blackmore (son of Ritchie) - very talented guy with a solo career, and will be touring with a version of Rainbow next year.

Tyson Schenker - (son of Michael of UFO/Scoripions fame)

Oliver Wakeman (son of Rick of Yes fame) - plays keyboards for Ozzy/Sabbath as well as Yes next year.

Sadly, most can't live up to the parents legacy and are scrutinized so bad by the media that it's almost cruel. Never so much as Beatle children. The exception is Zak Starkey who I think is a much better musician than dear old dad.

I think Lisa Marie Presley has had it worse than the Beatles kids because Elvis is the most popular rock star of all time.

Although his parents aren't famous, Derek Trucks does have a famous uncle. Not only does he have a pretty fair career of his own but he's helped to continue to breathe new life into the Allman Brothers Band.

You are correct. Derek's an ass kickin' slide player, but I always thought he was Butch's son. You learn something new everyday :)

Jakob Dylan doesn't get much attention anymore, but being Bob's offspring the bar is set pretty high. I loved The Wallflowers and was hoping they would go farther than they did.

You are correct. Derek's an ass kickin' slide player, but I always thought he was Butch's son. You learn something new everyday :)

Jakob Dylan doesn't get much attention anymore, but being Bob's offspring the bar is set pretty high. I loved The Wallflowers and was hoping they would go farther than they did.

I like Jakob Dylan as well - is a bit surprising the Wallflowers didn't go farther.

Although his parents aren't famous, Derek Trucks does have a famous uncle. Not only does he have a pretty fair career of his own but he's helped to continue to breathe new life into the Allman Brothers Band.

I've seen Derek perform with Clapton. He was absolutely fantastic - more than held his own on stage with EC.

• 4 years later...

Archived