THE RUNAWAYS THREAD

ZeppFanForever

I kinda like The Runaways. The girls and the band was really hard rocking back in the day. I like the way they played hard rock. I mean they showed that the girls can rock too. :)

They can and do rock, Ajdin. :D

The Runaways are like a slap in the face. Although I found out about them pretty recently, and the only song I know for now is Cherry Bomb... They are awesome.

They can and do rock, Ajdin. :D

The Runaways are like a slap in the face. Although I found out about them pretty recently, and the only song I know for now is Cherry Bomb... They are awesome.

How's it going "_Lena_Zep?" I hope all is well with you. Did you know that when Joan Jett wrote the song "Cherry Bomb," that it was written about Cherie Currie? Joan Jett had a big crush on Cherie Currie and both even shared a few sexual experiences together. From what Cherie Currie said in THE RUNAWAYS Documentary EDGEPLAY, THE STORY OF THE RUNAWAYS, it was one hell of an experience. Thanks for your comment and ROCK ON!

How's it going "_Lena_Zep?" I hope all is well with you. Did you know that when Joan Jett wrote the song "Cherry Bomb," that it was written about Cherie Currie? Joan Jett had a big crush on Cherie Currie and both even shared a few sexual experiences together. From what Cherie Currie said in THE RUNAWAYS Documentary EDGEPLAY, THE STORY OF THE RUNAWAYS, it was one hell of an experience. Thanks for your comment and ROCK ON!

I actually didn't know that. Thanks for the info, I'll read more about them, this really is interesting.

I actually didn't know that. Thanks for the info, I'll read more about them, this really is interesting.

How's it going "_Lena_Zep?" I hope all is still well with you. You're very welcome. Evidently, THE RUNAWAYS were no angels. The band started polishing up their credentials at a very early age in order to add more to their Rock n' Roll resume. I feel very confident that their resume is a pretty high stack now. Ha Ha! Thank you for your comment and ROCK ON!

I roadied a Runaways show at the Santa Monica Civic back in the late '70's. I think it was with the Ramones. Anyway, I remember watching from the wings and being quite impressed with the drummer. The whole band. They rocked!

How's it going "badgeholder" as well as our fellow die hard hard core ZEPPELIN fanatics? I hope all is well with all of you. I just got home from partying all night and what a splendid time that was.

"badgeholder," THE RUNAWAYS truly knew how to kick ass in more ways than one. I did see THE RUNAWAYS live but I don't remember anything of the concert since I was so wasted that night. I hate it when that happens. I'm glad that you remembered the concert and enjoyed it. Thank you for your comment and ROCK ON!

I roadied a Runaways show at the Santa Monica Civic back in the late '70's. I think it was with the Ramones.

Very cool... that would have been a great show to see!

There's been a bunch of stills released from the set, but here's one of Kristen & Dakota as Joan & Cherie:

2d1smpx.jpg

Very cool... that would have been a great show to see!

There's been a bunch of stills released from the set, but here's one of Kristen & Dakota as Joan & Cherie:

2d1smpx.jpg

How's it going "Roxie?" I hope all is well with you. I finally slept a little. WOW, thank you for the photograph, this is a beautiful photograph. I would deeply appreciate if you can post more. The time has come for the world to see THE RUNAWAYS in the spotlight again where they so rightly belong. I just wish that the late Sandy West was here to grasp the moment, she probably would have gotten a big kick out of it knowing her. Ha Ha! In the mean time, thank you for your comment, take care and ROCK ON!

How's it going "pagemccartney95?" I hope all is well with you. Is the movie still moving ahead on schedule as planned? I thought that I read something that metioned that the movie was cancelled due to a Lawsuit that was brought on by Joan Jett. Have you heard anything about this? I'll do some research and find out. When I find out, I will post a comment here on the Forum. Thank your for your comment, have a great weekend and ROCK ON!

LATE EDIT! I remember now, Joan Jett was suing former RUNAWAY Jackie Fox (Who is now an Attorney in Los Angeles) over certain legal issues. I will still have to do some further research on this matter and I will post it here soon.

Hello, ZeppFanForever. Sorry it took me awhile to respond.

I believe the movie is going fairly according to schedule; at least, I haven't heard about anything going wrong.

I read an article on Fox News' website that it was Jackie suing Joan, something to the effect of the way she was going to portrayed in the movie. IDK what her issue is; there's not even a character for her anyway. The actress portraying the group's bassist will portray a character named "Robin". While no one in the Runaways was named "Robin", I figure the director said, "They went through so many bassists, it'd be easier just to get 1 actress to play the part."

Wouldn't it be cool if the film was a big hit? These girls could finally get some recognition for their music. With Kirsten Stewart from Twilight, it just might be a hit!

:peace:,

Jo

Hello, ZeppFanForever. Sorry it took me awhile to respond.

I believe the movie is going fairly according to schedule; at least, I haven't heard about anything going wrong.

I read an article on Fox News' website that it was Jackie suing Joan, something to the effect of the way she was going to portrayed in the movie. IDK what her issue is; there's not even a character for her anyway. The actress portraying the group's bassist will portray a character named "Robin". While no one in the Runaways was named "Robin", I figure the director said, "They went through so many bassists, it'd be easier just to get 1 actress to play the part."

Wouldn't it be cool if the film was a big hit? These girls could finally get some recognition for their music. With Kirsten Stewart from Twilight, it just might be a hit!

:peace:,

Jo

How's it going "pagemccartney95?" I hope all is well with you. Thanks so much for the additional info. This movie is definitely going to be a hit. I am looking forward to conversing with you more when I get back home to Texas. In the mean time, thank you for your comment, take care and ROCK ON!

A few more:

2vvu9m9.jpg

j93ocl.jpg

i226vc.jpg

How's it going again "Roxie?" Thank you again for the great photographs. I love the photograph of Joan Jett, WOW! I even love the photograph of Cherie and Dakota, THIS IS GREAT! You're such a sweetheart "Roxie," you are FOXIE "Roxie!" Ha Ha! Thank you for the comment and ROCK ON!

I'm curious as to what bands weren't "Rock's First True ALL-FEMALE Hard Rock Band Ever". Were there groups trying to pass themselves off as being "all female" that actually weren't?

How's it going "Jahfin?" I hope all is well with you. I wouldn't be a bit surprised if there were some. Ha Ha! Besides, do you know something that I don't? Ha Ha! You know I'm just kidding you "Jahfin," you're alright in my book. Ha Ha! Thanks for your comment, take care and ROCK ON!

• 3 months later...

Found this on YouTube, it's a trailer for that biopic on the Runaways:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TlCK8nJDvHg

Let's hope it's a hit, folks. B)

This should be very interesting as Dakota is a real amazing actress,

and the film is directed by Floria Sigismondi,

who is an artist who's directed some interesting rock videos for Marilyn Manson, Bowie,

and Page & Plant (Most High).

Will definitely see this.

• 4 years later...
  • 1 year later...

I just finished Lita Ford's memoir; I'm wondering if anyone else has read it? She mysteriously does not mention Jackie Fox's allegations.

Her reminiscences of her relationship with Tony Iommi are somewhat shocking but in a way not surprising because when you add drugs to the effects of a violent childhood...the results aren't good.

Haven't listened to her recent work...has anyone else?

I enjoyed the book overall. She lived a wild life without shame, and has persevered despite traumas and tragedy.