Fox News Sucks

Pb Derigable

As for people being unable to make their own decisions, that may be true of the people you know. I know plenty of people who formulate their own opinions based on all the information and their own mind. If you are saying the media tells people what to think, the Conservatives are just as brain washed as the Liberals... imo, much more.

I'm speaking in general here. Not you and all your superior intellect associates specifically.

The vast majority of people aren't that concerned with the details.

They take what they hear on Headline News (because they don't have the patience to sit through a whole 24 minutes of the Evening News) at face value, make a vaguely disapproving remark, and then flip over to American Idol or Dancing With the Stars.

As for your fun and games with quoting people with your own words, it's something a douchbag does. I'm not the only person to call you on it. It's the same a lying.

You, sir (or ma'am, I don't recall ever reading any identifier), need to lighten up.

It's not even remotely like lying when (again) I emphasize it/draw attention to it to make a point.

I even leave the linkback tags within the quote so anyone who might be curious can see the original post.

You might have a point if I removed the linkback to make it more bothersome to find and read the original post, and just subtly made changes without drawing attention to it.

It's just sarcasm crafted to fit a forum format.

Quite frankly, most people are far more offended by my ninja remarks.

Again, it's only done to help make/illustrate a particular point.

It's certainly not as harsh as calling someone a douchebag.

But I'm not taking it hard - we're just kicking it back and forth on the forum.

Just curious, do you feel that way even when I don't change anything other than bold or highlight with color to emphasize what my response refers to?

I think that just makes things more clear so other readers can follow the flow of the debate.

You'd probably be surprised to find out I'm not nearly as staunchly conservative as you may have me made out to be.

Who knows, you may not be as pathologically liberal as you appear to be as well.

I keed, I keed.

Seriously, though - lighten up.

I'm speaking in general here. Not you and all your superior intellect associates specifically.

The vast majority of people aren't that concerned with the details.

They take what they hear on Headline News (because they don't have the patience to sit through a whole 24 minutes of the Evening News) at face value, make a vaguely disapproving remark, and then flip over to American Idol or Dancing With the Stars.

You, sir (or ma'am, I don't recall ever reading any identifier), need to lighten up.

It's not even remotely like lying when (again) I emphasize it/draw attention to it to make a point.

I even leave the linkback tags within the quote so anyone who might be curious can see the original post.

You might have a point if I removed the linkback to make it more bothersome to find and read the original post, and just subtly made changes without drawing attention to it.

It's just sarcasm crafted to fit a forum format.

Quite frankly, most people are far more offended by my ninja remarks.

Again, it's only done to help make/illustrate a particular point.

It's certainly not as harsh as calling someone a douchebag.

But I'm not taking it hard - we're just kicking it back and forth on the forum.

Just curious, do you feel that way even when I don't change anything other than bold or highlight with color to emphasize what my response refers to?

I think that just makes things more clear so other readers can follow the flow of the debate.

You'd probably be surprised to find out I'm not nearly as staunchly conservative as you may have me made out to be.

Who knows, you may not be as pathologically liberal as you appear to be as well.

I keed, I keed.

Seriously, though - lighten up.

Well my associates are mostly Medical Professionals since i work in a hospital, so many are intelligent, imo. My friends and family are intelligent people, but i have never and will never consider "myself" a superior individual...though i'm pretty damn great.

If what you say is true, that the vast majority don't allow themselves to be informed (especially at a critical time like choosing who will run their country) then it makes sense how Bush ever got elected. I don't think it takes more than an hour, maybe two, every couple days, to stay on the ball. If people don't care, this is what happens to our country (pick any problem we currently face).

As for your quotes, i have said my peace. When you distort and add things people didn't say to a quote that has their name on it, you have shown deceit. What you highlight or color on your own posts is your prerogative.

If what you say is true, that the vast majority don't allow themselves to be informed (especially at a critical time like choosing who will run their country) then it makes sense how Bush ever got elected. I don't think it takes more than an hour, maybe two, every couple days, to stay on the ball. If people don't care, this is what happens to our country (pick any problem we currently face).

If the people of this country were informed in even the least, then 90% of Congress never would have been elected.

If the people of this country were informed in even the least, then 90% of Congress never would have been elected.

very well said. :)

Most of them are stuffing their pockets with your and your chidren's retirement money (can you say kickbacks and golden parachutes for Exec's???)

The media is run/funded by big business who control both sides of the political spectrum (republicans and dems), for their own agenda. Check out Council on Foreign Relations, Bildebergs, Trilateral Commission and see who's names keep popping up...

You'll get a lot of the same names like Kissinger...

(this from CNBC recently)...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KD3BqK-9ZiU

(especially check out his choice of words at 2:45)

http://www.modernhistoryproject.org/mhp/Ar...le=FinalWarning

(here is something found online)

R B)

Archived