Bonzo played guitar too?

Wolfman

Just saw some pics of a 1974 Roy Harper Valentine's Day show with Keith Moon on drums, and Jimmy and BONZO on guitar....anyone ever hear this....very interesting!!!

Yes:

Rainbow Theatre, London Feb 14th 1974 Plant, Page & Bonham joined Harper for a few numbers

Yes:

Rainbow Theatre, London Feb 14th 1974 Plant, Page & Bonham joined Harper for a few numbers

You ever hear it Steve....is there any vids/cds of this gig....looked awesome from the photo!!!

You ever hear it Steve....is there any vids/cds of this gig....looked awesome from the photo!!!

So far as I know there isn't any audio or video circulating. If there was the songs they performed could be confirmed. You have to remember, unless someone was there to bootleg Roy Harper it wasn't going to be captured because they weren't on the bill or anything like that. A casual jam. However, Roy has always enjoyed a cult following so you never know; tape may have been rolling. I'm still seeking some of the club dates

Jimmy performed with him in early '84, if anyone out there cares. A/V, photos, stubs,

whatever.

So far as I know there isn't any audio or video circulating. If there was the songs they performed could be confirmed. You have to remember, unless someone was there to bootleg Roy Harper it wasn't going to be captured because they weren't on the bill or anything like that. A casual jam. However, Roy has always enjoyed a cult following so you never know; tape may have been rolling. I'm still seeking some of the club dates

Jimmy performed with him in early '84, if anyone out there cares. A/V, photos, stubs,

whatever.

Yep, what Steve said..........and you just never know who might be holding onto something ultra rare......like this. ;)

http://cgi.ebay.com/LED-ZEPPELIN-MEGA-RARE...1QQcmdZViewItem

:whistling:;)

The show was professionally recorded, and a few songs were released on "Flashes From The Archives Of Oblivion". But I don't think Plant or Bonham actually contributed to any of the recordings. Plant acted as emcee, and Bonham did a "walk on" where he came out with a guitar, but I don't think he actually stayed to play.

The show was professionally recorded, and a few songs were released on "Flashes From The Archives Of Oblivion". But I don't think Plant or Bonham actually contributed to any of the recordings. Plant acted as emcee, and Bonham did a "walk on" where he came out with a guitar, but I don't think he actually stayed to play.

swandown always ROCKS!

If this is'nt a shot taken "during" a performance, I don't know what is. That's not to say Bonham's guitar was even mic'ed or plugged into a DI....probably was'nt......but he was onstage while a song was performed. That's a given.

bonhamonguitar001xw2.jpg

If this is'nt a shot taken "during" a performance, I don't know what is. That's not to say Bonham's guitar was even mic'ed or plugged into a DI....probably was'nt......but he was onstage while a song was performed. That's a given.

bonhamonguitar001xw2.jpg

Excellent Pic....Where's Plant?

• 3 weeks later...

I know this show has been in circulation because I've seen it on trading lists. I know that Jimmy played on "Too Many Movies," "Home," "Same Old Rock" and possibly "MCP Blues".

If that's Ronnie Lane (bass) and Max Middleton (keyboards) in the picture, then the song they're playing could be be "Too Many Movies."

Archived