MOJO Classic: Led Zeppelin & The Story of 1969

sam_webmaster

I got a copy of this and have been reading through it off and on over the last couple of days. It's a great read. I know a fair few of the stories about the bands of the time already, being a compulsive music mag reader for many years, but there's plenty to enjoy. What a year 1969 was.

As for the Zeppelin bit, the thing that's intrigued me is the photo of them playing the Pop Proms in which there appear to be two blokes on stage with them playing saxophones?? I don't recall hearing about that before. Maybe this should go on the Mysteries thread, unless it isn't a mystery at all of course.

I just went to that link and got this message.

Why is Spotify not available in my country?

Dear Spotify Visitor,

Thanks for dropping by...

Unfortunately, due to licensing restrictions we are not yet available in your country. We understand that you are currently in United States.

Oops, sorry, forgot to mention that. Spotify is kind of a web radio version of the old Napster. i.e. You can search for and stream music from other people's computers, but you can't download the files. It's paid for by advertising (one ad every six songs or so) or by subscription if you want it ad-free. It's pretty good - better than Last FM - though it obviously excludes the usual hyper groups like Zep, Floyd, Beatles and a few others. It's gone viral in Europe recently but, yeah, not available in the US at the moment. D'oh.

• 4 weeks later...

Here in the States, the issue is now on Newstands. I saw 6 or 7 copies at the Barnes & Noble today.

There are some rare pictures in the article, of Zeppelin and of others.

It's a good issue overall, as it covers 1969, which was a Very Good year for Rock Music.

There's no CD to look for.... it's just the magazine.....

Archived