Joaquin Phoenix Does Letterman..

bigstickbonzo

It almost amazes me how most of you are willing to accept the argument that this is all a big goof.

I think he's seriously got problems.

If this was legit i don't think Casey Affleck would be filming all of it. And he was at the Letterman show filming.

It almost amazes me how most of you are willing to accept the argument that this is all a big goof.

I think he's seriously got problems.

The interview and (fake?) audience reactions were so cruel, the whole thing simply must be nothing but fine acting and morbid humour. There were other suspicious things in the video also, such as Joaquin's hair and the things he said and didn't say.

Edited by Zanadu

Say you're right and this is all a stunt. Wouldn't that in a way, prove he's got issues? If you're as good of an actor as everyone claims you are, you shouldn't need to do shit like this to get media attention.

Yes it would. Just not the issues that i think every thinks he has. From interviews he has done and his behavior in the past i think he is a very unhappy person. Before he did this routine he looked like a unhappy person. And he is a drinker. He was walking around smashed when he was up here for the Toronto Film festival a couple years ago.

I am just saying that this whole routine he is doing is an act for some dvd release or whatever.

Say you're right and this is all a stunt. Wouldn't that in a way, prove he's got issues? If you're as good of an actor as everyone claims you are, you shouldn't need to do shit like this to get media attention.

People have issues now and then, but I don't understand how this appearance in Letterman and a parodic film about Joaquin's transition into music business could give you much information about his real life.

Well if it isn't a stunt there is this to consider...

His family were a part of the religious cult "the family" where children are systematically molested by old men they refer to pedophilia as 'flirty fishing'...

it is disgusting and I am sure it would have left a scar on all of them. (and has for many many people who have escaped) there are actually a huge amount of support programs all over the world for people who have escaped "the family".

Agreed. He's such a marvelous method actor. He totally could pull off "unstable".

I still think he should've won the Oscar for "Walk the Line."

Well with all due respect, his performance on Letterman was not that brilliant because we could tell he was acting. I mean if he really was great, we'd all believe without a doubt that he really was screwed up.

I could never watch Letterman. I never liked him. I liked Leno far better. Now that they have this thing called cable, I dont watch regular tv at all except the soaps opera I have no choice to watch as my wife is hooked.

I used to like Letterman when he first started but I think he's lost his edge and I don't find him funny at all. Never really cared for Leno or Conan. I prefer Craig Ferguson but he's on too late for me to watch most of the time.

I thought Leno was very good when he replaced Carson but Ill admit he isnt as good as he once was. Dont know if its him or the writers? Hey, are any of you women here into the soap opera's? If so which ones?

I'm not sure either - could be he's burned out from it which is what I think Letterman suffers from.

I hate soap operas so I can't help ya there :lol:

What kind of issues? Maybe he just wanted to have 5 minutes of fun on tv. Freakin' peoples out.

If I could be on Letterman, I would love to put on something like that. Not to get some media attention but simply to have a hell of a time on a tv show (with the complicity of the host, of course)...

I'm sure it's an act. Maybe i'm wrong, who knows except for a handful of persons.

It sure was great entertainment.