Robert and Alison Interview on CNN

bigzepfan

Ah, whether it was meathook or coathook it's still a funny remark by Robert. Does it really matter? I love his great sense of humor.

He does have a great sense of humor that I think people misunderstand a lot.

If that's the best he can do, but the remark came across as more defensive than funny.

It seems you are always looking to find fault in him so from that standpoint, you would interpret it as defensive and not funny.

If that's the best he can do, but the remark came across as more defensive than funny.

I don't think you look for robert to be funny or a pleasant human being- which is sad because he seems to be a really cool guy. It isn't fair how you attack him for what he does. If you don't like him, why watch the interview? Everyone laughed when he made the remark, and he said it in a light hearted tone.

I don't think you look for robert to be funny or a pleasant human being- which is sad because he seems to be a really cool guy. It isn't fair how you attack him for what he does. If you don't like him, why watch the interview? Everyone laughed when he made the remark, and he said it in a light hearted tone.

Nice post!

:yesnod::yesnod:

I saw the interview. He avoided the question. It's perfectly fair to recognize what happened. Everyone did not laugh. It's not an attack, it is an observation. So yes he's cool but he was intimidating in his remarks. Even if I like him that does not mean that I have stopped thinking independently as if I lack a brain.

I saw the interview. He avoided the question. It's perfectly fair to recognize what happened. Everyone did not laugh. It's not an attack, it is an observation. So yes he's cool but he was intimidating in his remarks.

so what? The point was it isn't particularly nice that you always have something negative to say about Robert, which is fine if that's how you feel, but why post it all the time.

I saw the interview. He avoided the question. It's perfectly fair to recognize what happened. Everyone did not laugh. It's not an attack, it is an observation. So yes he's cool but he was intimidating in his remarks. Even if I like him that does not mean that I have stopped thinking independently as if I lack a brain.

He wasn't intimidating in his remarks. Thirty years ago they were intimidating to the press. Today robert loves the press it seems compared to the old days.

He wasn't intimidating in his remarks. Thirty years ago they were intimidating to the press. Today robert loves the press it seems compared to the old days.

He could have simply answered the question. Those actions taken in regard to the coathooks were not done merely in fun, they were intended to intimidate.

He could have simply answered the question. Those actions taken in regard to the coathooks were not done merely in fun, they were intended to intimidate.

How can you answer the question - do you think you just got five awards because you were neglected 30 years ago? How stupid of a question to ask anyone. Did he really expect him to say. Oh yeah. What we did isn't that great, but zeppelin was so that's why we won?

How can you answer the question - do you think you just got five awards because you were neglected 30 years ago? How stupid of a question to ask anyone. Did he really expect him to say. Oh yeah. What we did isn't that great, but zeppelin was so that's why we won?

The media aren't always known for their intelligence, now are they?

A simple yes or no would have sufficed.

the link doesn't work for me, the one with the whole interview :unsure:

Maybe if you access the cnn.com link directly and then try the video link once you are on their website it may work.

I can hear Darrin Davis pretty well. Alright there were a few quiet laughs over Robert Plant's subtle dramatic coathook moment indicating that he did not appreciate the question, followed by his predictable venting about the material on the radio. Allison Krauss is admirably patient and diplomatic throughout the ceremony.

Well anyway back to the Rose Garden.

Maybe if you access the cnn.com link directly and then try the video link once you are on their website it may work.

I can hear Darrin Davis pretty well. Alright there were a few quiet laughs over Robert Plant's subtle dramatic coathook moment indicating that he did not appreciate the question, followed by his predictable venting about the material on the radio. Allison Krauss is admirably patient and diplomatic throughout the ceremony.

Well anyway back to the Rose Garden.

I think he understood the question--he was asked what he thought, in effect, of RS winning all those awards when Zep didn't win any (the suggestion being that the RS awards could viewed as an attempt to make up for that), and he said that Zep hadn't had great relations with the music press, perhaps because (JOKE) they hung them on coathooks in the dressing rooms during the show, hence they didn't get rave reviews in the industry. Alison also joined in on the point about crap on the radio except that she said in the US it was different crap.

I think he understood the question--he was asked what he thought, in effect, of RS winning all those awards when Zep didn't win any (the suggestion being that the RS awards could viewed as an attempt to make up for that), and he said that Zep hadn't had great relations with the music press, perhaps because (JOKE) they hung them on coathooks in the dressing rooms during the show, hence they didn't get rave reviews in the industry. Alison also joined in on the point about crap on the radio except that she said in the US it was different crap.

I believe they quite literally hung them on coathooks as a practical joke and they weren't expecting accolades for that from the music press.

I believe they quite literally hung them on coathooks as a practical joke and they weren't expecting accolades for that from the music press.

That was my point--that given the things they got up to, as jokes, it wasn't surprising they didn't win industry awards. Overall point being, he understood the question.

Archived