New York 1977

Fortuna

How on earth does he play guitar at the same time?

Beyond amazing!

....tks for sharing this video...agreed beyond amazing..

Jimmy can do lots of things at the same time, he moved the entire culture and generation at the same time, a lot weight for a thin lean man...... :)

....tks for sharing this video...agreed beyond amazing..

Jimmy can do lots of things at the same time, he moved the entire culture and generation at the same time, a lot weight for a thin lean man...... :)

:lol:

Thanks from me too!

I always liked his dance moves from The Ocean, but this is waaay better!

:party: <<My dance moves

I love this video. Jimmy crazily dancing around.

How on earth does he play guitar at the same time?

I agree, it's cool to look at. But the reality is that all of that dancing around made it so that Page was concerned more with his moves than with his playing. Go back and look at the official DVD, and the footage from 1969-1973. Page focused almost entirely on his playing, and you can hear the difference. Even when he did a move, it was usually secondary to having already pulled off a solo or lick. Fast forward to 1975-77 and the focus was much more on the movement. Which is why his playing for those years isn't nearly as precise. He's so busy dancing around, duck-walking, kneeling, and waving his arms that he misses cues and can't quite get back to the fretboard in time for his solos. Of course, that's not the only reason why his playing was decreasing in 77.

But I remember reading a quote somewhere about how Page deliberately started doing those over the top dance moves so that he was more visible to the people in the large arenas. Definitely worked, I think. Too bad his playing suffered for it, though.

I agree, it's cool to look at. But the reality is that all of that dancing around made it so that Page was concerned more with his moves than with his playing. Go back and look at the official DVD, and the footage from 1969-1973. Page focused almost entirely on his playing, and you can hear the difference. Even when he did a move, it was usually secondary to having already pulled off a solo or lick. Fast forward to 1975-77 and the focus was much more on the movement. Which is why his playing for those years isn't nearly as precise. He's so busy dancing around, duck-walking, kneeling, and waving his arms that he misses cues and can't quite get back to the fretboard in time for his solos. Of course, that's not the only reason why his playing was decreasing in 77.

But I remember reading a quote somewhere about how Page deliberately started doing those over the top dance moves so that he was more visible to the people in the large arenas. Definitely worked, I think. Too bad his playing suffered for it, though.

Thanks cookieshoes, that's really interesting.

I was actually marvelling at how absolutely brilliant he was playing in the clip whilst dancing around so much!

I recall Page clearly stating the reason why he became more vocal onstage with his body was from confidence he felt playing with the band. By that point, he was overly confident in what he was doing, thus explaining some of the over-the-top movements while playing. He had been quite animated on stage for years. I recall him swaggering about during the 1973 tour. Perhaps one could say his exagerated on stage presence from the 77 tour was a bit much, but again, Page was playing with house money by that point. He knew it, so he showed it off.