I think this is a slight overreaction....

Wolfman

http://www.aolnews.com/article/hallmark-yanks-card-after-complaints-of-slur-against-black-women/19513764?icid=main|main|dl1|link5|http%3A%2F%2Fwww.aolnews.com%2Farticle%2Fhallmark-yanks-card-after-complaints-of-slur-against-black-women%2F19513764

If someone is defended by something, you should remove it from the shelves, BUT this does sound like the NAACP is trying to make something out of nothing (esp. when the lady swears she hears an "r" at the end of the word holes aka saying it sounds like "whores"). The card has been out for over three years too.

I think our society in general these days are over sensetive and over react to to much trivial stuff.

Gives all the lawyers something to do. And then the judges that review as to whether there is some substance to a complaint go along with silly crap.

It really makes me wonder.

I think our society in general these days are over sensitive and over react to to much trivial stuff.

Gives all the lawyers something to do. And then the judges that review as to whether there is some substance to a complaint go along with silly crap.

It really makes me wonder.

I agree 100%. This country has turned into a bunch of over-sensitive wussies. Half of the great shows of the 70's wouldn't last a week now.

I think it's out-and-out dishonest. It really shows the intellectually limitations of the people complaining about it. By pretending to represent blacks, these people are insulting blacks.

The ironic part is that I was just at WalMart to buy a new computer chair and there was the card. I listened to it and it's OBVIOUSLY all about outer space. The NAACP should be ashamed of themselves.

I think it's out-and-out dishonest. It really shows the intellectually limitations of the people complaining about it. By pretending to represent blacks, these people are insulting blacks.

The NAACP, much like many unions, has long outlived it's purpose and usefulness.

They have transformed into an organization that places leftist/liberal political issues and policies ahead of racial issues.

Whereas an organization such as the ACLU at least is consistent, as evidenced by the fact they have even defended the KKK in matters of free speech.

The NAACP, on the other hand, ignores racially offensive attacks and slurs against African-Americans who are conservatives, including Condoleezza Rice and Clarence Thomas.

This story perfectly illustrates how much credibility they have lost, as they have embraced the Al Sharpton model of pulling the race card at the slightest opportunity, regardless of merit.

The saddest part of all is how many African-Americans still put their trust in the NAACP based purely on their history instead of an open-minded examination of their recent performance and actions.

The NAACP, much like the Democratic party, relies on African-Americans continuing to do so, and gladly exploits that trust.

It's disgraceful.

It's amazing that unions have basically more or less become forms of corporations yet they are against corporations, but really there's not a huge difference between the two. Both are used to influence their parties and get money.

African-Americans who are conservatives, including Condoleezza Rice and Clarence Thomas.

Rice isn't conservative, she is corporatist. Real conservative blacks are concerned with raising their young men and women to be responsible citizens who don't get sucked into the culture of crime and self destruction pushed by the MSM. The stated mission of the NAACP and genuine conservativism are not really at odds.

Rice isn't conservative, she is corporatist. Real conservative blacks are concerned with raising their young men and women to be responsible citizens who don't get sucked into the culture of crime and self destruction pushed by the MSM. The stated mission of the NAACP and genuine conservativism are not really at odds.

I'm not here to argue labels.

The fact is she isn't a LIBERAL, which means the NAACP ignores the countless slurs and offensive characterizations she was hammered with.

It would have been an outrage and the NAACP would have been inconsolable had the same incidents happened to a LIBERAL/LEFTIST/DEMOCRAT African-American woman.

As far as their stated mission goes, that is of little consequence when that mission is subordinated to their greater agenda, furthering all things Democratic.

I wouldn't even care about THAT if it didn't take precedence over their original, stated mission.

But it does.

The simple fact is they obey politics first, and race second.

And even then, much like the laws of robotics, as long as the second doesn't conflict with the first.

Which is just the opposite of what it should be.

They should be re-named NAALCP, with the L standing for Liberal.

Because conservative African-Americans do not exist in their eyes.

Does the NAACP want any credibility anymore? Seems like they're trying awful hard to make themselves a laughingstock. Instead of Abbott & Costello, we're going to have the PETA and NAACP double act here pretty soon. At this point, it's a race for who's Abbott and who's Costello (and possibly who's on first).

I like how one of the As in their name stands for Advancement, yet all I ever hear out of them is a lot of whining and commotion over nothing. I mean, I suppose that's a microcosm of our larger society, really, but I would like society in general to focus more on advancement instead of pointing fingers and avoiding action, too. Shouldn't they be focusing on putting people through college and getting them jobs instead of pondering the philosophical implications of whether two words are homophones or not?

Hi All,

You're all missing the point, it has a subliminal message in it, "Black Holes" said backwards reads "Swark Elf" while "Black Whores" reads "Zork Elf", make what you want of that but i take it as meaning that the "Underworld" is about to invade, bring on the "Snow Dog" because "By Tor" is knocking at the Gates. :o

Regards, Danny

Hi All,

You're all missing the point, it has a subliminal message in it, "Black Holes" said backwards reads "Swark Elf" while "Black Whores" reads "Zork Elf", make what you want of that but i take it as meaning that the "Underworld" is about to invade, bring on the "Snow Dog" because "By Tor" is knocking at the Gates. :o

Regards, Danny

And once again - the award goes to...

BIGDAN!!!

1544131_7cc4.jpg

Keep up the great work, Danny!

lulz.

And once again - the award goes to...

BIGDAN!!!

1544131_7cc4.jpg

Keep up the great work, Danny!

lulz.

Hi 'TypeO'

Thanks mate but I'm not joking, give it a try and get back to me, i never knew there was so much information to be gained by back-masking, i think its taken over my life, and i also i think that is how Jesus and Nostradamus could predict the future, God didn't invent English as a Universal Language for nothing you know? ;)

Regards, Danny

It's amazing that unions have basically more or less become forms of corporations yet they are against corporations, but really there's not a huge difference between the two. Both are used to influence their parties and get money.

it's amazing that so many people bash the unions, yet millions (some who are now part of the tea party movement)are collecting big fat pensions because of sacrifices made. Who do you think made this possible? It certainly wasn't out of the kindness of the mega corporations heart.

The NAACP, much like many unions, has long outlived it's purpose and usefulness.

I can agree to some of that, but let's not forget why they're here, and likely here to stay.

You can argue, but blacks still face racism everyday. If you want proof, i can link you to a few blog sites where it's very alive and well. And unfortunately, it's directly connected to your tea party movement that says it's gonna take back America. This has nothing to do with the current state of politics now, but what is going to happen in the future. Sorry, but i want open minded people who are there to solve problems and grow this country's economy without selling out it's middle class.

I can agree to some of that, but let's not forget why they're here, and likely here to stay.

You can argue, but blacks still face racism everyday. If you want proof, i can link you to a few blog sites where it's very alive and well. And unfortunately, it's directly connected to your tea party movement that says it's gonna take back America. This has nothing to do with the current state of politics now, but what is going to happen in the future. Sorry, but i want open minded people who are there to solve problems and grow this country's economy without selling out it's middle class.

Don't get me wrong –

I don't think the NAACP shouldn't exist.

I just find it disgraceful that it has placed politics above it's original mission.

That they seek to correct racial injustices only when it's in agreement with their political agenda.

As I mentioned earlier, the ACLU is a perfect example.

They stay so true to their original mission that they have even defended the KKK on matters of free speech.

Am I happy the KKK was defended? No.

But I can at least respect an entity that stays that true to their stated goal.

Consistency is one of the greatest foundations you can build on.

It's like keeping your word.

But the NAACP started out seeking to find and correct racial injustices for black people, no matter what.

That simply isn't the case with them anymore.

If you're black and your politics don't conform to theirs, you are left blowing in the wind.

Doesn't matter what your opinion of Condoleezza Rice or Clarence Thomas is, the bottom line is they are black, and the NAACP has never made the slightest mumble when they were both excoriated in the media.

Especially when specific political cartoonists made heinous cartoons about them - recently a number of cartoonists have been hammered for unflattering cartoons about Obama and many other high-profile politicians, and the NAACP was right in the middle of it.

Not so when it was conservative black politicians.

Consistency is everything.

It allows you to see the true nature of a thing, be it good or bad.

The "Tea Party Movement" is a staged and controlled. It's just part of the MSM puppet show.

I remember when the head of Philadelphia's NAACP criticized Donovan McNabb for not running more like other black QBs in the NFL. He was basically saying he should portray the stereotypical black QB. blink.gif Not cool and quite contradictory imo.

Hi all,

it's amazing that so many people bash the unions, yet millions (some who are now part of the tea party movement)are collecting big fat pensions because of sacrifices made. Who do you think made this possible? It certainly wasn't out of the kindness of the mega corporations heart.

If you can't see that the unions have become just like the corporations,....you'd better open your eyes.

KB

Archived