Mojo Interviews about Celebration Day

kenticus

looks like these are starting to see the light of day:

http://www.mojo4music.com/blog/2012/11/jason_bonham_qa_nervous_proud.html

don't know if someone had posted these elsewhere, but interesting to see that the three original members had input in the film and that jason bonham only saw the cut of the film at the premiere in New York. Cool that they're doing these extensive interviews btw.

Q: How did you reinterpret the parts your father played?

When I played with Led Zeppelin in '88 (for the Atlantic Records anniversary concert), I was in a very different place. I thought the world owed me a living and that I deserved to be on that stage with them. I have come through that now. I knew I needed to prove myself. I had friends that sent me every bootleg, and I sat and listened and studied. I compared and I learned the differences between, say, the '75 and the '77 versions of songs. When I came to rehearse, the others couldn't believe it when I started asking questions - "OK, do you want me to do it like my dad did it then ...or like he did it then?" But I wanted to be totally prepared. But what I discovered was that if I held back, let it come naturally and didn't try too hard to be my dad, chop for chop, John Bonham came naturally.

:thumbsup:

Jason doesn't give himself enough credit...through all his nervousness on that amazing night -

he played his ass off under enormous pressure and scrutiny. Jason your dad would be the first

one to pat you on the back dude!

Jason doesn't give himself enough credit...through all his nervousness on that amazing night -

he played his ass off under enormous pressure and scrutiny. Jason your dad would be the first

one to pat you on the back dude!

Truth.

I have so enjoyed reading the Mojo interviews... of course, tellingly, each done individually.

There is a frankness and openness about them which contrasts with the crazy defensiveness of the two press conferences.

What clearly emerges is their three different perspectives .. but alongside that, a respect for the others' positions, resulting in a kind of coherence which doesn't automatically come from these guys...

I first saw Celebration Day in September before all the press stuff and my first instinct was to crave a repeat of it . But from the moment they started talking about it .. I have bought into the idea of its finality . There's no question it's an amazing way to go out . If that's the case, what makes that bearable is the maturity and respect they have each shown for each other in this latest set of interviews : at times in the past they have appeared so wary and grudging .. now there's more generosity, more allowance made .

Just feels really heartening . As with any story to be told, the thing is to get the ending right...

I have so enjoyed reading the Mojo interviews... of course, tellingly, each done individually.

There is a frankness and openness about them which contrasts with the crazy defensiveness of the two press conferences.

What clearly emerges is their three different perspectives .. but alongside that, a respect for the others' positions, resulting in a kind of coherence which doesn't automatically come from these guys...

I first saw Celebration Day in September before all the press stuff and my first instinct was to crave a repeat of it . But from the moment they started talking about it .. I have bought into the idea of its finality . There's no question it's an amazing way to go out . If that's the case, what makes that bearable is the maturity and respect they have each shown for each other in this latest set of interviews : at times in the past they have appeared so wary and grudging .. now there's more generosity, more allowance made .

Just feels really heartening . As with any story to be told, the thing is to get the ending right...

has anyone posted up a transcript of this yet? haven't been able to find it in the states yet.......

I think if they do one last rerelease and purge the vaults of the good stuff that's held back it is not a negative thing...If they end up w/ more Best ofs than studio albums like Stones and Beach Boys thats different but one great ultimate remaster isnt a bad thing ...hopefully not an expensive thing..

• 4 weeks later...

T&B,

Beautifully put!

I just got the Dec issue and I have to agree wholeheartedly with you!

I also think everyone clamoring on about Robert should read all 3 of their interviews.

Robert's interview is particularly poignant ...and by that I don't mean sad or regretful, just keenly felt! He is very honest about his feelings both respectful and conflicted.

I came away after reading the interviews with even more respect for the 3 of them.

T&B,

Beautifully put!

I just got the Dec issue and I have to agree wholeheartedly with you!

I also think everyone clamoring on about Robert should read all 3 of their interviews.

Robert's interview is particularly poignant ...and by that I don't mean sad or regretful, just keenly felt! He is very honest about his feelings both respectful and conflicted.

I came away after reading the interviews with even more respect for the 3 of them.

can you or someone else that has it scan it or post a transcript of it? Some of us in America haven't been able to find it anywhere....

can you or someone else that has it scan it or post a transcript of it? Some of us in America haven't been able to find it anywhere....

Kenticus,

I would love to scan it but because it is copyrighted material I don't think we are able to do that on a public forum.

I know you can quote a few lines for discussion but anything more would be considered a copyright violation.

Sam, or someone please correct me if I am wrong.

I will say this, I got my copy from a friend, I have never read MOJO, (I used to read Kerrang and loved it!)

MOJO is a breath of fresh air compared to RS, I may just have to subscribe!

Archived