Slate Chocolate Marble
Slate Chocolate Marble

Led Zeppelin Official Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Walter

Led Zep Tweets

28 posts in this topic

The title says it all.  There are bits and pieces of news items that come up from time to time, that don't necessarily fit in any current threads.  So I, and anyone else who would like, will post any news bits that are interesting to our favorite subject to dissect - Led Zeppelin.

Here is a pretty cool one I saw earlier today tweeted by Led Zep News and Eddie Kramer:

Enjoy!

Edited by Walter
Auto fill correction

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That's so cool ! I didn't know over the hill and far away was at first many many times .. glad they change the title !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Klape said:

That's so cool ! I didn't know over the hill and far away was at first many many times .. glad they change the title !

I didn't either.  I like how The Crunge is "The" Crunge too!  Adds a little emphasis, no?  Probably an inside joke between them in the studio, I would guess.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I know there are a lot of Peter Green fans on here.  His famous Les Paul, named Greeny, was sold recently to Metallica's Kirk Hammett.  It took an interesting coaxing from a certain guitarist from Led Zeppelin to get Kirk to make it happen....

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Plant/Page what's the difference?  Someone f'ed up BIGTIME! :lol: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Maybe playing some with Moroccan musicians?  One can hope!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dave Navarro seems to believe Zeppelin are plagiarists...

 

 

image.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Walter said:

Dave Navarro seems to believe Zeppelin are plagiarists...

 

 

image.jpg

I guess when most rock stars reach a certain age, they start ragging on Zep. Probably because they come to realize the cold reality that they'll never be as good.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/22/2016 at 4:54 PM, Walter said:

Dave Navarro seems to believe Zeppelin are plagiarists...

 

 

image.jpg

Dave thinks Page and Plant Been Caught Stealing?  :-)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What's the scoop and story behind How Many More Times mixed with Houses Of The Holy tracks ???    Is this a possible re-mix or newer version never released ?

Is this the original title for Over The Hills ?

Edited by TheGreatOne

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/24/2016 at 8:00 PM, sixpense said:

Dave thinks Page and Plant Been Caught Stealing?  :-)

Dave is a @#$ who wears mascara, I never respected him or his music

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Love Dave Navarro! "3 Days" is without question one of the greatest guitar songs in rock history.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ive seen him say that in the past, but he's still a real pompous douche that is wrapped up in the LA Yuppy scene.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, TheGreatOne said:

What's the scoop and story behind How Many More Times mixed with Houses Of The Holy tracks ???    Is this a possible re-mix or newer version never released ?

Is this the original title for Over The Hills ?

What in the world are you on about? It clearly says on the box "Many Many Times", a reference to the lyric of "Over the Hills and Far Away". Nothing to do or about "How Many More Times".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/23/2016 at 6:50 AM, Sathington Willoughby said:

I guess when most rock stars reach a certain age, they start ragging on Zep. Probably because they come to realize the cold reality that they'll never be as good.

Exactly, Sath! I guess the phrase 'sour grapes' is in order, here? 

And it looks like he did a total 180 degree turn. Calling Zep plagiarists one day and then, praising Jimmy, the next! All I can say is 'Make up your damn mind, sonny!'.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Strider said:

What in the world are you on about? It clearly says on the box "Many Many Times", a reference to the lyric of "Over the Hills and Far Away". Nothing to do or about "How Many More Times".

 

Originally It looked like there was not enough room to write in that small space to fit HMMT and shortened it, but Over lyrics crept into my head and realized it was the original title.    But still, is this a version we never heard of.   With the latest re-issue releases and the wacky names they used and they are different version, it's making me assume this is a version we never heard of yet

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, TheGreatOne said:

 

Originally It looked like there was not enough room to write in that small space to fit HMMT and shortened it, but Over lyrics crept into my head and realized it was the original title.    But still, is this a version we never heard of.   With the latest re-issue releases and the wacky names they used and they are different version, it's making me assume this is a version we never heard of yet

It says "Master" and "remix" on the box which leads one to assume it is the final master tape for "Houses of the Holy". The song titles would be changed later but looking at the date on the box (September 17, 1972) and how the songs are in the correct order and it is actually labelled "Side 1" and timed is more evidence to me this was the tape used for the album. There is even a notation that says "cut on Neumann system".

The band started their 1972 Japan tour shortly after this and debuted "The Campaign" aka "The Song Remains the Same" in the arrangement we all know and love. Which means they were well-versed in the song, having just laid it down on tape. After that was the 1973 Winter UK tour and then the 1973 European tour. There would have been no time to go back in the studio for any length of time for more recording.

No. All signs point to "Houses of the Holy" being signed, sealed, and delivered on September 17, 1972. Side One at least. ;)

 

Edited by Strider

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now