2017 NFL Thread

Walter

Nice game Jacksonville, but what an ugly ending.  

Wentz left knee injury, to what extent?

Rodgers back with the Pack next week at 7-6

Zeke back after next week vs Raiders, hopefully the Cowboys will be 8-6 at that point.

That was a fine weekend of football, including Thursday night's game.  Spotlight on Nick Foles.  

Watching Detroit at Tampa was like watching a high school game.  I always thought Winston could run a bit....he can't !    I would have rather watched Buffalo in the snow.  I'm sure this Saturday's Detroit/Chicago game will be a real thriller.  Somebody take us out of our misery.  I can't stand to watch another 45-13 playoff blow-out.  :wacko:  

6 hours ago, Bong-Man said:

That was a fine weekend of football, including Thursday night's game.  Spotlight on Nick Foles.  

Watching Detroit at Tampa was like watching a high school game.  I always thought Winston could run a bit....he can't !    I would have rather watched Buffalo in the snow.  I'm sure this Saturday's Detroit/Chicago game will be a real thriller.  Somebody take us out of our misery.  I can't stand to watch another 45-13 playoff blow-out.  :wacko:  

My Cowboys HOPE to do that for you!  Winston has made the same mistakes for many years that I’ve been watching him - living in a FSU loving household/family wife’s side 😉).

Nick Foles is on the hot seat for sure! I feel bad for Eagles fan - not! :lol:  They did throw snowballs with batteries in them at Jimmy Johnson and cheered Michael Irvin laying paralyzed on the turf and the Vet.  No love loss here.

19 hours ago, ForEvermore said:

If we win out, 50/50 for the #6 seed - too bad every team we needed help from won too... :rolleyes:

Yeah I know the math - at least at of them are playing each other over the remaining weeks.  With Rodgers coming back and playing Carolina and Minnesota the next two weeks could shake everything up - or not! 

Go Cowboys!  Love the heart they’re showing.  This is bringing them closer together as a team, without question.  Happy for Rod Smith.  Great game, great guy.

That Indy @ Buffalo blizzard game was fun to watch! Minnesota and Detroit should never have built domed stadiums...we need more snow-games. How about Vinitieri nailing that 42-yard extra-point for the Colts in full-on white-out conditions? 

Meanwhile, Seattle's kicker blows another chipshot field goal. How does Blair Walsh still have his job?

Walter Junior is going nuts over the fact he’s been employed since he blew the first game with three missed kicks!

1 minute ago, Strider said:

That Indy @ Buffalo blizzard game was fun to watch! Minnesota and Detroit should never have built domed stadiums...we need more snow-games. How about Vinitieri nailing that 42-yard extra-point for the Colts in full-on white-out conditions? 

Meanwhile, Seattle's kicker blows another chipshot field goal. How does Blair Walsh still have his job?

The Bills game definitely reminded me of growing up in the snow belt of central New York.  Layered up with 4-5 layers and play all day long.  The snow was the best - not now, then...

16 hours ago, redrum said:

No sympathy for Seattle on this end.

CLEAR!!! 49ERS WIN TWO IN A ROW!! CLEAR!!!

Dude, Garoppolo looks like the real deal. San Francisco may have found their franchise quarterback.

As an aside, I am sick of announcers saying "the Niners" when referring to San Francisco. It's the San Francisco 49ers! It refers to the year 1849...the California Gold Rush. Saying "Niners" makes no sense and disrespects the team's meaning. Stop saying "Frisco" or "San Fran", too. Say San Francisco or say nothing at all.

I realize New England is rarely in a situation where they have to kick an onside-kick, and therefore probably don't practice it much...but that was the worst onside-kick attempt I have ever seen.

I guess Miami bores New England into complacency because they looked like they were just going through the motions tonight. Playing without Gronk shouldn't have affected the Patriots that much. They are 20-5 without Gronk.

Now the door is open for the Steelers to clinch home-field advantage thru the playoffs.

7 hours ago, Strider said:

Dude, Garoppolo looks like the real deal. San Francisco may have found their franchise quarterback.

As an aside, I am sick of announcers saying "the Niners" when referring to San Francisco. It's the San Francisco 49ers! It refers to the year 1849...the California Gold Rush. Saying "Niners" makes no sense and disrespects the team's meaning. Stop saying "Frisco" or "San Fran", too. Say San Francisco or say nothing at all.

Maybe this is the turning point to get back into contention. I like seeing the Seahawks in meltdown mode. GO RAMS!!

I used to buy a lot of bike parts from these guys. I kinda wish the 49ers would change their old SF helmet logo by putting a gold miner with pick, shovel and gold pan. 

FRISCO CHOPPERS.jpg

8 hours ago, redrum said:

Maybe this is the turning point to get back into contention. I like seeing the Seahawks in meltdown mode. GO RAMS!!

I used to buy a lot of bike parts from these guys. I kinda wish the 49ers would change their old SF helmet logo by putting a gold miner with pick, shovel and gold pan. 

FRISCO CHOPPERS.jpg

Go 49er this week.  Beat Tennessee and help the Bills out.  We can send the Titans packing.  They have the Rams and Jacksonville to close.  Yes we have New England in a week and now an all of a sudden competitive Miami team twice.  If we played them a month ago there would not have been much doubt but they have played far better and upset the almighty Pats.  Trap game IMO.  We will see.  I know many will jump on the Miami wagon now  Its too little too late for them to get in, but I am more concerned about them ruining it for the Bills.  Even though just getting in would make the season a success.  Given the QB situation I believe its already a success.  Next year we cash in those many picks, and then I believe we can be right in the mix

Congrats Paul on your teams big win

56 minutes ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

All aboard the Miami bandwagon!!  LOL.  I will be shocked if Taylor does not start.  He says he is ready.  So its simply up to the coach and this is like the second time we have been alive at this time of year since the days of Kelly and Flutie.  Go with Taylor

May the blizzard be with you !

3 hours ago, Bong-Man said:

May the blizzard be with you !

I guess I was right.  I looked 3 times and did not want to look like an idiot but saw no Rams or Seahawks.  I like the Rams.  What are those unpredictable Lions going to do this week?  I have been cheering for them for years to get in.  And that coach must go.  

The experts are picking 5 QBs to go in the first round.  Well, I expect the Bills to trade two number ones to move up.  Whatever it takes, we need a new QB.  

On 12/12/2017 at 7:10 AM, LedZeppfan1977 said:

Next year we cash in those many picks, and then I believe we can be right in the mix

You mean like how you kept telling us how the Buffalo Sabres were going to be loaded with their bounty of draft picks...oh wait, the Sabres are still in last place. 😜

Maybe Buffalo teams need a tutorial on how to draft more wisely?

I guess I was right.  I looked 3 times and did not want to look like an idiot but saw no Rams or Seahawks.

Look again, and I'm just pulling your leg about the opiates.

What are those unpredictable Lions going to do this week?  I have been cheering for them for years to get in.  And that coach must go.  

We're going to win.  If we win out, we have a 57% chance of making the wildcard.  I hope we don't, because I want Caldwell gone.  The GM inherited him, and it's time to move on.  Caldwell is a gentleman and a nice guy....he's just a lousy coach.

On 12/14/2017 at 6:42 PM, Strider said:

You mean like how you kept telling us how the Buffalo Sabres were going to be loaded with their bounty of draft picks...oh wait, the Sabres are still in last place. 😜

Maybe Buffalo teams need a tutorial on how to draft more wisely?

It takes time for young players to develope.  Rochester is in 3rd place in the entire AHL.  So the young players drafted are coming through.  Eichel scored 3 last night.  Its called a hat trick.  We do not have a goalie. We have a big Finn that is going to be a great goalie but too young right now to be in the NHL>  Our day is coming, just not this year.  I am all in on the Blues.

Let me add, I would much rather be the Buffalo Bills and have a ton of draft picks than be the Las Vegas Raiders who we spanked pretty good mind you.

Archived