Jump to content
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
Bags_Groove

Millard Tapes List

Recommended Posts

Can somebody provide me with a list of the Millard Tapes in circulation (I've currently got every 1975 and 1977 soundboard, now I'm after good quality audience tapes and I figured Millard would be a good place to start). 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
mwout83   

And by the way, the Millard recordings are certainly a good place to start ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
pluribus   
  • 3/11/75 - Long Beach
  • 3/12/75 - Long Beach (only the last songs of show)
  • 3/24/75 - LA Forum
  • 3/25/75 - LA Forum
  • 3/27/75 - LA Forum
  • 6/19/77 - San Diego
  • 6/21/77 - LA Forum
  • 6/23/77 - LA Forum (missed first few songs)
  • 6/25/77 - LA Forum
  • 6/27/77 - LA Forum

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have listened to some of these shows.  For an audience recording (that is, just a guy and a good quality microphone) they do sound decent.  Its sad that they are no where close to a professional recording.  But they are still fine documents of some great shows

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
No Quota   

After listening to the 77 Cali run, you can identify some familiar voices in his recordings. Or at least sound similar.

Has anyone identified, if ever, Mike recorded his voice?

I would hope he wasn't the "Hey asshole" guy in LTTE during the solo!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, No Quota said:

After listening to the 77 Cali run, you can identify some familiar voices in his recordings. Or at least sound similar.

Has anyone identified, if ever, Mike recorded his voice?

I would hope he wasn't the "Hey asshole" guy in LTTE during the solo!

 

Dunno about Millard's voice, but I wonder if anybody over the years ever tracked down the guy who kept yelling for "'Heartbreaker'!!!!" during the June 21 show :P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Nutrocker said:

Dunno about Millard's voice, but I wonder if anybody over the years ever tracked down the guy who kept yelling for "'Heartbreaker'!!!!" during the June 21 show :P

"Chris! Chris!..."

"Tell him to put that beer down before I come down there and fucking take it!"

Always thought that was Millard yelling those things. 

Edited by LedElvis75
wrong word

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Xolo1974   
On 22/06/2017 at 3:31 AM, irondirigible said:

I have listened to some of these shows.  For an audience recording (that is, just a guy and a good quality microphone) they do sound decent.  Its sad that they are no where close to a professional recording.  But they are still fine documents of some great shows

Respectfully disagree. I've heard far worse officially released live recordings

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JTM   
On ‎05‎/‎07‎/‎2017 at 6:01 PM, No Quota said:

After listening to the 77 Cali run, you can identify some familiar voices in his recordings. Or at least sound similar.

Has anyone identified, if ever, Mike recorded his voice?

I would hope he wasn't the "Hey asshole" guy in LTTE during the solo!

 

I think he does an "owww" for a level check at the beginning of his Pink Floyd April 1975 LA Forum recording.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Bozoso73   

Of the LA 77 run I listen to 6/25 most beside 6/21. . Theres the idiot thats goin on and on during the acoustic set and the dumb broad yelling out "Did you know it is against the law to rock and roll in the U.S.A.?!?" and some twit trying to ask Robert if he still has his Elvis shirt. . THANK GOD some chick out of nowhere finally yells "SHUT UP!!!!" ahahahahhahahah LOVE THAT!! :hysterical: it almost ruins the show and I would imagine MM was shooting lasers into peoples skulls. . 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

×