Coverdale/Page being remastered/revisited

Flyingzepp

If the CP remaster and expanded album is released it will be interesting to see how much extra stuff we get.

According to Coverdale he filmed and recorded tons of stuff, which means a box set-type release could be possible.

Coverdale seems well up for it and has always been proud of his collaboration with Page. It's almost like he got the nod of approval from rock royalty.

So hopefully Page will chill out a bit and let us have  demos, rehearsals and candid behind-the-scenes footage.

I find that kind of stuff fascinating.

On 4/13/2018 at 10:33 PM, middlezep said:

Wow i guess Page is truly retired then...i do look forward to any extra material, but i cannot imagine this record sounding better from remastering.

Page just attended the Jeff Beck documentary premiere and was asked what his next project was. He "reportedly" said, ' wake up in the morning!"

Given that he was quoted back in 2014 that he was working on a solo project and it is now 2018...................Put a fork in him; He's done!

On 4/12/2018 at 8:52 AM, Stryder1978 said:

...thanks for doing that reids!

You’re Welcome. I knew Eddie would get a response from DC and possibly more info from what we already know was recorded / filmed. My guess: DC will hopefully get together w/ JP sometime later this year or early 2019 to review stuff and sometime in mid to late 2019 we’ll probably see the remastered CP deluxe. 

R😎😊

5 hours ago, sixpense said:

Page just attended the Jeff Beck documentary premiere and was asked what his next project was. He "reportedly" said, ' wake up in the morning!"

Ha ha.

That's a good one-liner by Jimmy's standards.

He's now taking the Keith Richards' approach to interview questions.

Anything is better than the "I hope to be playing again next year..." malarky. 

10 minutes ago, Boleskinner said:

Ha ha.

That's a good one-liner by Jimmy's standards.

He's now taking the Keith Richards' approach to interview questions.

Anything is better than the "I hope to be playing again next year..." malarky. 

With that young bird laying next to him in bed to stimulate his ticker I doubt Jimmy has a problem "rising and shining" so to speak. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 04/11/2018 at 4:53 PM, Flyingzepp said:

I recently watched the music videos for this record and thought it was a nice high production effort although it didn't seem like a huge runaway success. David Coverdale has more than a passing resemblance to Robert Plant, so that makes you wonder about their intentions. Probably confused some folks at first. Great singer, great showman. Sad that his career was split across several bands and not spent within one central outfit. I am going to check this out soon.

Archived