Seven Nation Army

Bong-Man

3 hours ago, Bong-Man said:

It's amazing how that tune developed a life of it's own. World wide,  regardless of the sport, that tune can be and often is chanted. A true testament to a great riff and its genius composer.

Yup! It’s the new “We Will Rock You”, from a guy who never really was looking for it. Such a simple riff. Now it’s a monster. Our stadium also plays “Icky Thump” as part of the opening ceremony music. Jack White is a genius, IMO. 

Good article! I've been watching the World Cup and instantly recognized the Jack White riff. It made me think about the documentary "It Might Get Loud!", and Jack explaining it, then teaching it to Jimmy Page and The Edge.

On the way to a dig near Pontefract Castle in 2004, Seven Nation Army was the last thing we heard on the car radio just as we got to site -
the bastd thing was in everyone's head all day long! I've never wanted to hear it since... 

If it gets rid of "We Will Rock You/We are the chumps", all the better. I'm sick to death of those.

Of course, I'm halfway to getting sick of "Seven Nation Army", too.

How about playing Iron Maiden's "The Trooper"? That always gets the blood stirring. Or Hawkwind's "Motorhead"?

On 7/2/2018 at 2:24 PM, Strider said:

Of course, I'm halfway to getting sick of "Seven Nation Army", too.

Yeah as a stand alone song I’d agree, but put it in a stadium at the start of a game and it feels totally different. As you know, he has so many great riffs. 

On 7/2/2018 at 1:25 PM, chef free said:

Surfing day in Santa Cruz last week, up on the cliff was a high school marching band playing Seven Nation Army!  Epic background music!

Dude, speaking of surfing a huge south swell is due to hit California tomorrow! All south-facing beaches (Malibu, Zuma, etc.) will get some great waves. Get your board ready.

Archived