flip floping fav. bands

boogie

LZ will be my #1 followed by the Beatles... probably for a very long time

its the race for #3 that gets interessing... all of the following bands are/were my #3 band (I'll post them based on how recently they've been #3)

King Crimson

MC5

Soft Machine

The Velvet Unerground

Johnny Cash

CCR

LZ/Jimi Hendrix 1st place tie- they are so groundbreaking for different reasons I never considered them as direct competitors, so to speak.

2nd Place=-a tad bit crowded: (in no particular order) Stevie Ray Vaughn, Janis Joplin, Allman Brothers, Cream, U2, Pink Floyd...

edit: Whoops! Sorry Jimbo, I totally forgot the doors...they are between/i] 1st and 2nd Place...not good enough for "the boys" or "the man" but just beneath...

The real answer to this....The Beatles are everybody's favorite band. That is just how is has to be. After the beatles you can juggle bands any which way you want, but the beatles are hands down the best and are on a level far beyond any other band.

The real answer to this....The Beatles are everybody's favorite band. That is just how is has to be. After the beatles you can juggle bands any which way you want, but the beatles are hands down the best and are on a level far beyond any other band.

They were the first band I ever learned about, before LZ, before Jimi and the doors...I learned about them...as a child of the sixties and seventies, how could one not concur?

my favorite genres of music are definitely: rock 'n' roll & rap/hip-hop.

the majority of music i listen too is primarily rock 'n' roll based.

my favorite bands are without a doubt..

led zeppelin, pink floyd, the beatles, the doors, the rolling stones, the who, jimi hendrix, srv, elvis presley, chuck berry, mobb deep, 2pac, biggie, t.i., eminem, kanye west, jay-z and lil wayne.

as you can obviously see from the list stated above, i like a fair amount of musical artists.

i also enjoy a little southern rock such as the allman brothers band & lynyrd skynyrd in my sparetime, aswell as a little blues including b.b. king etc.

They're just not.

I think I know what you're trying to get at, but...they're just not.

I love the Beatles and I embrace their importance in history but they are by no means my favorite band. Each to his own I say.

The Beatles obviously have a great place in music history but lets face it they are totally different type of band from Zep. Any comparison is meaningless. To say Beatles are everybodys favourite is unfortunately a stupid statement. They are not everybodys favourite, In fact a long long way off.

Personally I can see no way in which you can compare anything the Beatles wrote to the likes of Stairway, Kashmir, Achilles etc etc. Any musician in the beatles that could come close to the virtuosity of Page, Bonham or Jones, and to compare Lennon or McCartneys vocals to Plant would be a joke.

To me the Beatles in the mid 2000's arent standing the test of time, whereas Zep definitely are, if anything their music is maturing with age, and other layers are revealed as you get older.

There are a few bands that unfortunately I would class as some of the best to have wlaked this earth, but I feel that they will soon be forgotten such as

ELP, Yes, Mahavishnu

Does anyone remember John McLaughlins Shakti, with Mclaughlin on an acoustic guitar, Shankar on violin and a tabla drummer and a claypot drummer. They produced some of the most energetic virtuosity I've ever heard.....all gone, lost and forgotten.

to compare McCartneys vocals to Plant would be a joke.

Not really! Paul can do some really cool stuff with his voice. But both Robert and Paul adopted different styles, you can't compare them. And when Zeppelin started their career, they were already influenced by the Beatles. But an important thing that Zep did was that they tried different things, explored unknown areas and innovated the music.

Anyway, Robert and Paul are both geniuses who had a great influence on great artists that followed.

I agree, there is no one artist that is (or should be) everybody's favorite. That said, a lot of what I love about the Beatles is what I love about Zeppelin. They weren't afraid to try their hands at other styles of music from reggae to Indian influenced stuff. Their willingness to draw from such a large musical palette is what helped me learn to appreciate such a wide variety of music myself.

No Beatles and we'd all be listening to Paul Anka and Neil Sedaka. Beatles opened the doors for EVERYBODY. DON'T YOU GET IT!! _ _ _ _ _ _ !!!

I agree with JT in the sense that the Beatles paved the way for what was to come. They get my props for their songwriting skills, williingness to experiment, etc. They are not my personal favorite per se, but they are basically the reason bands such as LZ were able to thrive. Like Elvis (yick!) before them, the fabs were pioneers in many regards...

this is not a who's the best, beatles or zep thead. it's, do you have 2 or more artists/ bands that vie for your fav spot? the beatles and zep just happen to be mine. it could be the monkeys vs metalica. you just can't decide.

this is not a who's the best, beatles or zep thead. it's, do you have 2 or more artists/ bands that vie for your fav spot? the beatles and zep just happen to be mine. it could be the monkeys vs metalica. you just can't decide.

All's I'm trying to say is that The Beatles released an LP by the name of Rubber Soul. Good night!

So you know exactly what I am talking about.

yes, but soon as i put on any zep, that's what's best. then i put on say, beatles for sale, and that's the best. then zep III, and that's the best. get it? can't decide.

the beatles, the rolling stones, the doors, the who, led zeppelin, pink floyd, srv, jimi hendrix, bob dylan, neil young, chuck berry and elvis.

i also like a fair amount of rap and hip hop music.

although rock 'n' roll is easily my favorite musical genre.

the beatles, the rolling stones, the doors, the who, led zeppelin, pink floyd, srv, jimi hendrix, bob dylan, neil young, chuck berry and elvis.

i also like a fair amount of rap and hip hop music.

although rock 'n' roll is easily my favorite musical genre.

Nice list. My favorite genre is classic rock.

Archived