TSRTS FAN EDITION

hillsy

Can anyone shine any light on this please?

Does it exist?

You've got 3 official versions to choose from

1)TSRTS on VHS from the 80's

2)TSRTS on original LP, different in several edits and track list

3)TSRTS Soundtrack re-release, different from previous 2 versions in edits and track list

There are also several unofficial recordings of their three night stay @ M.S.G 1973

The fan version is the one you make according to your preferences.

My preference in this period is their smoking cover versions of Elvis, James Brown beats etc.

It's a mix of all the high quality (The 2007 re-release, the original DVD and the Led Zeppelin DVD) official releases, togheter with some videos from The Song Remains The same outtakes, used to give the best yet and most complete version of the concerts all based on existing releases.

It's a mix of all the high quality (The 2007 re-release, the original DVD and the Led Zeppelin DVD) official releases, togheter with some videos from The Song Remains The same outtakes, used to give the best yet and most complete version of the concerts all based on existing releases.

Thanks

This was the info i was looking for, DVD.

Does the outtakes contain more actual footage (rather than Shepperton)?

Does it contain any of the fantastic 8mm footage shot from the side of the stage?

put together using the various official releases to present the complete concert in order.

From the creator:

Quote:

I tried to stick with the DVD version because I prefer the audio mix, less fake background crowd noise. Also, SIBLY was easier from the DVD with MMH already combined. The video fill for Heartbreaker was used because it was available and the band loved to tour but hated to leave their families. At the end of the WLL I edited out the double scene of the conclusion with the smoke bombs going off. My main goal was to provide the proper track list in order of the MSG experience. It was named Fan Edition - a nick from the Collectors Edition Box Set. I was going to make some art work ripping off the cover of the black box set, substituting Collectors with Fan, but artwork is a pain in the ass, same with menus. As usual the menus took more time than the actual concert to compile. Celebration Day was a bitch to combine with Bring It On Home. If you listen carefully, you can hear the transition from TSRTS to DVD.

The DVD PCM audio is some of the best Led Zeppelin released by the band, especially the Knebworth, they were light years ahead of any band at the time.

And thanks for all your time & efforts for all us fans

• 1 month later...

I made a bitchin' version of TSRTS using a mixture of all the officially released content, I believe I talked about it on this forum a few months back. Unfortunately, I'm still working on uploading it to the internet. Any tips or help with this would be appreciated.

I made a bitchin' version of TSRTS using a mixture of all the officially released content, I believe I talked about it on this forum a few months back. Unfortunately, I'm still working on uploading it to the internet. Any tips or help with this would be appreciated.

No, it's definitively not necessary as the existing Fan Edition is just perfect in all aspects, I suggest you just keep it to yourself.

put together using the various official releases to present the complete concert in order.

From the creator:

Quote:

I tried to stick with the DVD version because I prefer the audio mix, less fake background crowd noise. Also, SIBLY was easier from the DVD with MMH already combined. The video fill for Heartbreaker was used because it was available and the band loved to tour but hated to leave their families. At the end of the WLL I edited out the double scene of the conclusion with the smoke bombs going off. My main goal was to provide the proper track list in order of the MSG experience. It was named Fan Edition - a nick from the Collectors Edition Box Set. I was going to make some art work ripping off the cover of the black box set, substituting Collectors with Fan, but artwork is a pain in the ass, same with menus. As usual the menus took more time than the actual concert to compile. Celebration Day was a bitch to combine with Bring It On Home. If you listen carefully, you can hear the transition from TSRTS to DVD.

The DVD PCM audio is some of the best Led Zeppelin released by the band, especially the Knebworth, they were light years ahead of any band at the time.

And thanks for all your time & efforts for all us fans

Where would one go about getting this from? (PM)

No, it's definitively not necessary as the existing Fan Edition is just perfect in all aspects, I suggest you just keep it to yourself.

Well, I'm gonna work on it anyway, just for my own pleasure, and to finish what I started (note that I have been attempting to upload this for like four months, it's a matter of pride now!).

• 11 years later...