cbc interview with rush-geddy lee and alex lifeson discuss meets with jimmy and robert

saltypete

Dan,you can take that as I have a life and don't stare at this site 24 hours a day. :)

I didn't take it that you WERE having a go at me, I just couldn't see any connection whatsoever between his sad losses and my dislike of him - still can't.

I have met him a few times, and on the second or third occasion a friend gave me the tour t-shirt they had bought (Hemispheres I think) and asked me to get it signed for them. Believe me I was totally polite, this was a meet 'n' greet where the whole PURPOSE was for them to sign stuff and have pics taken with fans, so I wasn't interrupting his dinner or something.

Lifeson and Lee signed without any problem at all, got to Peart - without even looking up, he said "I don't do cloth" and reached around me to the kid behind me to take his album cover off him to sign.

That wasn't the only story but I hope it gives you a picture.

Knebby, Neil is notorious as being intensely private (even from the beginning of Rush) and not really that into meeting fans. It's not that he doesn't like fans, but he's had some BAD experience with fans over the decades, most relating to the worship he gets from being one of the best drummers ever. It's creeped him out, and I don't blame him. He also has been through a LOT of shit in his life (his wife died of cancer and his daughter was killed by a drunk driver within the same year back in 1997 or so) so he's turned more inward, at least publicly. If you read his writings and see interviews with him, though, he's a pretty funny guy. But he values his privacy, and after all he's gone through it's understandable. Contrast with Geddy and Alex who are goofballs (Neil is too, at least on record and in concert) and very personable in public...

Dan,you can take that as I have a life and don't stare at this site 24 hours a day. :)

I didn't take it that you WERE having a go at me, I just couldn't see any connection whatsoever between his sad losses and my dislike of him - still can't.

I have met him a few times, and on the second or third occasion a friend gave me the tour t-shirt they had bought (Hemispheres I think) and asked me to get it signed for them. Believe me I was totally polite, this was a meet 'n' greet where the whole PURPOSE was for them to sign stuff and have pics taken with fans, so I wasn't interrupting his dinner or something.

Lifeson and Lee signed without any problem at all, got to Peart - without even looking up, he said "I don't do cloth" and reached around me to the kid behind me to take his album cover off him to sign.

That wasn't the only story but I hope it gives you a picture.

Hi Knebby,

Thanks for clearing that one up, and i totally am with you about Peart, he acted like a jerk in whatever way, funny thing is that JPJ did the same to a musician friend of my brothers, another friend said JPJ was a very warm person to them, i suppose anyone can have an off day.

I wasn't trying to make a connection between his sad losses and your dislike of him, my connection was between his sad loss and him getting a "personality overhaul", i just think thats so unlikely now, hope i cleared my end up as clearly as you did yours.

Kind Regards and Many thanks, Danny

Dan and Zepfanatic - regardless of my opinion of him - and all this happened way before his personal losses - I have every sympathy for what happened to him. I wouldn't wish that on anyone. Sorry if my "personality overhaul" commment was tasteless in that context - it wasn't intended that way.

:beer:

Dan and Zepfanatic - regardless of my opinion of him - and all this happened way before his personal losses - I have every sympathy for what happened to him. I wouldn't wish that on anyone. Sorry if my "personality overhaul" commment was tasteless in that context - it wasn't intended that way.

:beer:

Hi Knebby

Were OK, same to you mate. :beer:

Regards, Danny

Archived