My Photography

Jarlaxle 56

It's very good I think. You've got an eye for details and colours...like the guy walking in front of the grey building in the first one, or the sunny and the shady wall of the house in the second one, the sun as the centre in the third one...I like it a lot! Where did you take these?

They were taken in various places around France...

The first one was taken in Paris, the wall with the cart in a small town called Bayeux, the sky shot was at the Vimy Ridge Memorial, the river was in Strasbourg, and the birds eye view of the people was in Dieppe.

Do you develop your own negatives and prints? Years ago I took a black and white photography course and learned how to develop negatives and developed the prints. I still have them around. It was so much fun being in the dark room and honing in on a certain area in a photograph. I haven't worked with color film since I prefer black and white.

Do you develop your own negatives and prints? Years ago I took a black and white photography course and learned how to develop negatives and developed the prints. I still have them around. It was so much fun being in the dark room and honing in on a certain area in a photograph. I haven't worked with color film since I prefer black and white.

I did that too, but I hated the way the chemicals smelled. They smelled like pickles or something. I also hated loading the negatives in complete darkness.

Nah, these are all done with a Sony digital point and shoot camera (CyberShot), with a slight contrast upping done in photoshop. I'd like to do stuff with film, but for my money I'd rather get a Digital SLR Camera, a tripod, and some good lenses.

Nah, these are all done with a Sony digital point and shoot camera (CyberShot), with a slight contrast upping done in photoshop. I'd like to do stuff with film, but for my money I'd rather get a Digital SLR Camera, a tripod, and some good lenses.

Go for it!

I simply love my DSLR and the set of lenses that I have. No way you can compare them to a compact camera. :)

Me too. I'm old school and doubt I'll ever get into digital.

But the pics posted are very nice. I wish I could go to Europe to photograph the architecture with my 4x5 Toyo.

:)

Archived