Creed Reunion with Scott Stapp

Kentuckygirl

Unfortunately, this "rebirth" is occurring here in Nashville. From the Nashville Scene online edition:

http://blogs.nashvillescene.com/nashvillec...eed_to_rene.php

[Scott] Stapp and [Mark] Tremonti already have six demos for the new album, which they plan on recording shortly in Nashville. They are currently looking for a producer. "We're reached out to Brendan O'Brien, Mutt Lange, Bob Rock, Steve Lillywhite and six or seven more," says Stapp.

Yes, you read that right. As if occupying the same space as John Rich and Kid Rock weren't bad enough, we in Music City will soon be in the closest of proximity to the unparalleled master of Vedder-apin' Christ-rockin' douchery, Scott Stapp.

We will walk the streets he walks, breathe the air he breathes, get pulled over by the same DUI task force that he gets pulled over by. We ARE about to be taken higher, to a place where blind men see. Will we be strong enough to survive?

In case we're not, it was also reported that band's tour, which kicks off Aug. 6, will end in Nashville on Oct. 14 at a venue TBA. That gives you a little less than six months to duct tape your windows shut and stock up on non-perishable food.

Wonder what Myles is doing? And is this Robert Plant's fault? :o

Thanks for the heads up. I will be avoiding Nashville from August to October. I live with a Creed fan who will want to drag me to at least one concert. :( Crossing my fingers and hoping he doesn't hear about this reunion. <_<

lol, my ex-husband thought the same back in 97'... and i dragged him to Trenton of all places for a concert. He was a great sport! When they came out, i really liked Creed's first two albums.. and before he became too egomaniacal, i thought Scott was pretty hot. That was a decade ago...(i did mention Creed on the bands you're ashamed to say you like). I still like the songs off their first two albums :)

Bleh...these guys were more of a STP "Core" era ripoff. Minus the skills.

Plush sounded dangerously close to Pearl Jam to my ears and Stapp always sounded like he was trying to imitate Vedder. I will give him props for his performance when sitting in with the surviving members of The Doors on VH1's Storytellers though. What little bit of respect I gained for him that evening was lost when I saw their Behind the Music (which could have doubled as a comedy). Not to mention, I believe they're the only band who's fans have attempted to sue them for a shitty performance.

Plush sounded dangerously close to Pearl Jam to my ears and Stapp always sounded like he was trying to imitate Vedder. I will give him props for his performance when sitting in with the surviving members of The Doors on VH1's Storytellers though. What little bit of respect I gained for him that evening was lost when I saw their Behind the Music (which could have doubled as a comedy). Not to mention, I believe they're the only band who's fans have attempted to sue them for a shitty performance.

I have to admit Plush DID confuse me a bit. I heard it on the radio from a distance and thought it was Pearl Jam. I can understand that. But at least STP evolved considerably with their next album.

Stapp was very decent on Riders On The Storm when he kept his voice low-key, as in the original. But when he tried to power up, so to speak, it looked like he was trying to shit a ponderosa pine. Didn't sound much better either.

I never though Plushed sounded anything like Pearl Jam. I think it had a sound all it's own.

I never though Plushed sounded anything like Pearl Jam. I think it had a sound all it's own.

When I first heard Plush I thought it sounded nearly identical to Pearl Jam. The more I heard from STP the more I realized they did have their own sound but back in those days I wouldn't have been surprised since there were so many ready to jump on the "grunge" bandwagon and far too many industry types chompin' at the bit to sign them.

far too many industry types chompin' at the bit to sign them.

And have them sound similar to keep capitalizing on those sales.......

Back to the topic, I don't care for Creed at all. It may be fun to watch Stapp get loaded and the band implode during the tour though :lol:

• 5 years later...

Archived