Question about this JP interview

frankb

After reading through this interview: http://www.iem.ac.ru/zeppelin/docs/interviews/page_77.trp

I noticed this quote at the very end about a chronological live lp (he also mentioned it earlier in the interview)

(After discussing TSRTS film difficulties he says)

Getting back to your original question, though, it was frustrating

because I did have this concept of this chronological live LP which

really would have been a knockout.

DS: It still sounds like a viable thing for you to do in the future.

JP: I'll get to it. I'll do it eventually.

Does anybody know what happened to this (I guess maybe it turned into BBC sessions or the Zeppelin DVD), but anyways sounds like it would've been awesome.

I think this is what the dvd is. Starts off in 1970 at the Albert Hall, then to MSG in '73 and so on. I wish there was a better pro shot '77 show out there, Seattle is alright at points but is a pretty average show. I'd love to see some '77 stuff released even though a lot of people bash the tour. My favourite tour, I guess it has a certain 'mystique' about it.

I think this is what the dvd is. Starts off in 1970 at the Albert Hall, then to MSG in '73 and so on. I wish there was a better pro shot '77 show out there, Seattle is alright at points but is a pretty average show. I'd love to see some '77 stuff released even though a lot of people bash the tour. My favourite tour, I guess it has a certain 'mystique' about it.

I thought that 1977 was their best tour ever, honestly. Sure, there were some rough moments. But again, there was every year from 1973 on. So what? 1977 was Zep at their peak combination of power and variety. Fun! Again, just my opinion of course. But I love this stuff. (listening to NQ from Landover 5-30 right now. WOW. )

Does anybody know what happened to this (I guess maybe it turned into BBC sessions or the Zeppelin DVD), but anyways sounds like it would've been awesome.

It simply never came to fruition but ultimately there were live releases such as BBC Sessions, How The West Was One and Led Zeppelin DVD.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived